“well placed”

Ranked #630 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Leicester, United Kingdom
“well placed”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

good location, we enjoyed 2 nights here, we didnt eat here as we thought the breakfasts were a bit over priced, but theres plenty of restaurants around, room was clean and spacious,if a little dated, very comfy bed! the staff were fantastic, very helpfull, and patient.
i wouldn't say it's a 4 star, but other than the rooms needed a lick of paint, it was ok

Room Tip: they do smoking and non smoking rooms, so your choice, it states room type on booking form
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
DMELROSE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Pollyanna,

Many thanks for your comments regarding your recent stay with us, I hope you had an enjoyable stay with us. I will ensure that the positive feedback regarding members of staff are passed on to each department.

Regards,

DMelrose

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Wales
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed here for one night on a business trip in October. The foyer of the hotel looks quite nice and the location is ideal for Oxford Street in London. However this is where the praise ends. I was put into a smoking room (I don’t smoke), I didn’t realise these still existed today. When I enquired to be moved I was told there was nothing else available (lucky it was only for one night). The room felt dated and dark, however it was clean (albeit smelling of smoke). The room was very basic. I decided to have drink in the bar, after standing there for over 5 mins I spotted the bar attendant playing on her phone out back! I had food in the restaurant, again this was very basic and not all that nice. The restaurant was very quiet (seeing as though the hotel was apparently busy) and the atmosphere again dark and uncomfortable. Overall a dark, dated, smoke smelling, non attentative staff. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid the 4th floor all the rooms are smoking rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DMELROSE, Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Out and about Wales,

Many thanks for your comments regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus.

With regards to the smoking rooms available at the hotel, out of 164 we currently have 18 smoking room available. We will be reducing this down to 8 rooms from January. We have to keep some smoking rooms that are properly equipped with ashtrays otherwise guests will smoke in non smoking rooms and this would prove to be a fire hazard which we are not prepared to risk. Unfortunately if a smoking room is booked and the hotel is full we would be unable to move to a non smoking room as these would have been gauranteed reservations for guests which are due in.

Bar staff are not allowed mobile phones while onn duty and this will be taken up with the head of department and all members of staff with in that department.

We hope that you will visit us again where we can redeem ourselves in your eyes.

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We have just enjoyed a nice three night stay at this hotel, it was very clean and tidy. We chose it as it was fairly central and it was only about a 5 minute walk from Bond Street tube station. We decided not to eat in the hotel, so no comment. There was a nice little bar that served a selection of draught beers. Plenty of restaurants nearby. A good break

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The hotel is in a great location right next to Bond street however once I got into the room it was horrible.

The room was really small and dirty... The room was in an awful state and in a great need of renovation. I have stayed in around 30 hotels in London and this is the worst hotel I have stayed in. The room service was appauling and un edible. All in all I will not be staying here again...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dannysmurf1989
UK
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for two nights on a weekend trip to London to see a show. We usually stay elsewhere but were unable to get into our preferred hotel so found this on the internet.There was also an offer on for two nights for the price of one which made it good value for central London, especially when you see the normal rates they charge. However do be aware that the advertised internet rates are before VAT is added so are not as good as they originally appear! My partner often stays at Holiday Inns on business so is a Privilege Card holder. When we arrived we were allocated a room on the 6th floor and told it was a newly refurbished room. We were also asked what newspaper we would like each day (we got what we wanted one day) and given a drinks voucher for 50% off one drink in the bar ( Privilege card perks). The room was rather small but did look nicely decorated. However, I think we were near the heating or aircon as there was quite a loud humming noise along the corridor which we could hear in the room every so often including through the night. It was clean and comfortable. We did not have breakfast here, there are numerous cafes nearby. It is very close to Oxford Street, nearest tube is Bond Street so very central, lots of good restaurants around too. Also although central is on a quiet side street. Staff were very helpful and friendly. All in all a satisfactory stay.

Room Tip: Refurbished rooms on 6th floor but loud humming noise
Brasov, Romania
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Being a guest, I was ready for much less. But I discovered a fair, clean and comfortable central London accommodation. Needless to say how close the Wigmore Hall, Selfridges and the Old/New Bond Street were. If they succeed to install an espresso machine in the breakfast room they will be best (for me at least). My sincere congratulations!

Room Tip: rooms with even numbers avoid the construction site
Cheadle Hulme, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed here last week through work - government rates are cheaper but it was still £156 which is what I'd expect to pay for an absolutely amazing hotel, not your standard Holiday Inn. There was nowt wrong with it and I know London is overpriced but really... £156 as a cheap rate? I hate to think how much it'd cost if I'd booked it myself for non-work purposes! Otherwise, room was fine, clean and suitable size, food was your average hotel grub, nothing to write home about but perfectly ok.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear shadeofshyness,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am truly pleased you liked your room accommodations. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide a comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations at a good and competitive value. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Joel B