“Could have been better.”

Berjaya Eden Park London Hotel
Ranked #882 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed at the Berjaya for 1 night only as I was at the Bruce Springsteen concert at wembley. It was only booked about a week before as everywhere was so pricey and most reviews looked ok.
What I can say is that I booked one of the newer renovated rooms and glad I did. The location was fab, straight out of Bayswater tube station and the hotel was on the right so lots of transport on doorstep. Plenty of supermarkets, take away stores and a few pubs. Spent the afternoon wandering along to Notting Hill gate and Kensington high street around 20-25 mins walk away to kensington.
We arrived before normal check in and were glad a room was available so we could dump our bags and explore, concierge at check out were polite and helpful. At no point did we walk past anyone trying to sell drugs at the outside tables as per other reviews.
Our room was basement level, lovely inside although very small and appeared dark. Small double bed which was right next to window. The view was horrid, back staircase with discarded mattresses and furniture outside.
However sleep was perfect, didnt hear any noise and the shower and bathroom area were excellent, big shower considering size of bathroom and a good quality shower. At a push I would stay here again as it was ok but im sure there are better places.

Room Tip: Book the new renovated rooms but ask for high level.
There are newer reviews for Berjaya Eden Park London Hotel

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel was in an excellent location and ideal to access the underground. Kensington Park was close by and great to stroll through and have a relax at the Lido. The cleanliness of the hotel was excellent. The staff were friendly and only too happy to help - the morning breakfast restaurant staff could not do enough for you. My only criticism was lack of atmosphere in the bar. Would certainly stay there again and excellent value for money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I believe that you get back what you give out. Having read some of the recent reviews I couldn't believe it was the same hotel. The people make the hotel and I found all the staff, from reception to the waiting staff, the housekeepers and the porter to be friendly and very helpful. My room, a standard double was quiet and clean. It did need a refurbishment but was totally adequate for my needs. The hotel is located near two tube stations (District and Central lines). Queensway contains many restaurants, minimarts and ATMs. Kensington gardens are a short walk away.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Christine M
Reviewed July 3, 2013

i would never stay at this hotel again, great location, outside of hotel lovely, however some guys sat around the tables outside all day, offering us all types of drugs,everytime we walked past. the reception staff friendly, but the housekeeping staff terrible, check out time was 12pm, the maid knocked at our door at 08.10 am, and woke us up, again at 10.40 am to check when we would be leaving the room, i told her we would not be checking out til 12 pm, again before 12 pm herself and a man knocked again, despite a do not disturb sign on the door, complained at receptionist, seems its not the first complaint regarding this. i heard several others complaining also. this made me so angry as am 5 months pregnant and wanted a lie in bed undisturbed. never have i stayed anywhere and was disturbed by house keeping like this. find this totally acceptable. if i have stayed past my check out time, then i would have deserved this treatment.
room also very small, could not swing a cat in the bathroom, sink is really tiny. have stayed in better hotels in this area

Room Tip: great location, but much better hotels in this area
1  Thank socialite10
The_Berjaya_Team, The Management Team at Berjaya Eden Park London Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear socialite10

Thank you for your feedback.

We will take on board your comments to further improve our service and we hope we can welcome you back at the hotel in the future so that we can restore your faith in us and prove why so many of our guests call us their second home.
Unfortunately, we were not made aware of the presence of non customers on our street terrace but will be monitoring this closely.

Best Regards,

The Management Team.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Hate writing a bad review!
But from the outside the hotel does look really great. But on the inside it is not.

Firstly we booked a twin room, but they had run out of twin rooms so offered my husband and I two singles. Kind of wish we went with that, as when they found us a double room it was tiny . . and you had to tuck beside the wall and the toilet to shut the bathroom door.

Hotel outside (we were on the 5th floor) had peeling paint. Carpet by lift was frayed and a trip hazard. Lift was tiny and could only take 2 persons at a time - great when travelling in a group of 4!

Add to this there was no hot water in the morning, and then there was no water at all . . . ..

Breakfast was only so so . . . .

Shame, it is really well positioned between 2 tube stations.

Certainly not up to other Berjaya standards around the world!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank TravellingMitch
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

The staff here were so friendly and were great. My only issues are that I was told my room would be ready in 10 minutes and after waiting half an hour I asked them to give me a room which they did. The room was tiny I could hardly fit my suitcase in. The shower is so small that I could not physically fit in there and considering I'm not a very big person, then that's saying something. Every time I would use the shower it would flood the bathroom because it was clearly far too small. The bed was hard and uncomfortable I got no sleep and there was no temperature control in the room. One of the nights at 4am the fire alarm decided to go off even though it was just nothing I was told. The window was so old that if you managed to get it open there was probably no chance of closing it again. The lift takes forever to get to you and it was sometimes quicker to use the stairs plus the lift is absolutely tiny. The breakfast was fairly average too. The only good point is the location. I probably would not stay there again though.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank icecreamery
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Was slightly worried by recent rating's on trip advisor but our deal was non refundable (room only) so we had to see it through. From the outside it does look very appealing and the reception area is welcoming, unfortunately the room ( basement) is rather pokey and unappealing. I felt ripped off at the time of booking, as this room was advertised as £545 (approx.) but we could have it for a mere £89. which sounds an amazing discount but believe me never on this god's earth could they charge more than what we paid!!!! So the old adage of if it seems too good to be true it usually is. Fortunately we only were there for one night so we did get what we paid for. BEWARE don't book a non-refundable room, invest in a tent and sleep in the park , I wish we had. Having said that the room was clean and did not encounter any rudeness from staff. If it wasn't for the location I believe they wouldn't be in business, that's why they are so complacent.

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel.