“worst experience”

Berjaya Eden Park London Hotel
Ranked #881 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 3, 2013

i would never stay at this hotel again, great location, outside of hotel lovely, however some guys sat around the tables outside all day, offering us all types of drugs,everytime we walked past. the reception staff friendly, but the housekeeping staff terrible, check out time was 12pm, the maid knocked at our door at 08.10 am, and woke us up, again at 10.40 am to check when we would be leaving the room, i told her we would not be checking out til 12 pm, again before 12 pm herself and a man knocked again, despite a do not disturb sign on the door, complained at receptionist, seems its not the first complaint regarding this. i heard several others complaining also. this made me so angry as am 5 months pregnant and wanted a lie in bed undisturbed. never have i stayed anywhere and was disturbed by house keeping like this. find this totally acceptable. if i have stayed past my check out time, then i would have deserved this treatment.
room also very small, could not swing a cat in the bathroom, sink is really tiny. have stayed in better hotels in this area

Room Tip: great location, but much better hotels in this area
1  Thank socialite10
The_Berjaya_Team, The Management Team at Berjaya Eden Park London Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear socialite10

Thank you for your feedback.

We will take on board your comments to further improve our service and we hope we can welcome you back at the hotel in the future so that we can restore your faith in us and prove why so many of our guests call us their second home.
Unfortunately, we were not made aware of the presence of non customers on our street terrace but will be monitoring this closely.

Best Regards,

The Management Team.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Hate writing a bad review!
But from the outside the hotel does look really great. But on the inside it is not.

Firstly we booked a twin room, but they had run out of twin rooms so offered my husband and I two singles. Kind of wish we went with that, as when they found us a double room it was tiny . . and you had to tuck beside the wall and the toilet to shut the bathroom door.

Hotel outside (we were on the 5th floor) had peeling paint. Carpet by lift was frayed and a trip hazard. Lift was tiny and could only take 2 persons at a time - great when travelling in a group of 4!

Add to this there was no hot water in the morning, and then there was no water at all . . . ..

Breakfast was only so so . . . .

Shame, it is really well positioned between 2 tube stations.

Certainly not up to other Berjaya standards around the world!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank TravellingMitch
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

The staff here were so friendly and were great. My only issues are that I was told my room would be ready in 10 minutes and after waiting half an hour I asked them to give me a room which they did. The room was tiny I could hardly fit my suitcase in. The shower is so small that I could not physically fit in there and considering I'm not a very big person, then that's saying something. Every time I would use the shower it would flood the bathroom because it was clearly far too small. The bed was hard and uncomfortable I got no sleep and there was no temperature control in the room. One of the nights at 4am the fire alarm decided to go off even though it was just nothing I was told. The window was so old that if you managed to get it open there was probably no chance of closing it again. The lift takes forever to get to you and it was sometimes quicker to use the stairs plus the lift is absolutely tiny. The breakfast was fairly average too. The only good point is the location. I probably would not stay there again though.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank icecreamery
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Was slightly worried by recent rating's on trip advisor but our deal was non refundable (room only) so we had to see it through. From the outside it does look very appealing and the reception area is welcoming, unfortunately the room ( basement) is rather pokey and unappealing. I felt ripped off at the time of booking, as this room was advertised as £545 (approx.) but we could have it for a mere £89. which sounds an amazing discount but believe me never on this god's earth could they charge more than what we paid!!!! So the old adage of if it seems too good to be true it usually is. Fortunately we only were there for one night so we did get what we paid for. BEWARE don't book a non-refundable room, invest in a tent and sleep in the park , I wish we had. Having said that the room was clean and did not encounter any rudeness from staff. If it wasn't for the location I believe they wouldn't be in business, that's why they are so complacent.

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel.
Reviewed June 27, 2013

On Tuesday 25th June I arrived at the Berjaya Eden Park Hotel around 5pm. Upon arrival I was informed that the hotel was experiencing issures with its water and that an engineer was working to fix the problem. As a result they were unable to give me a room but had arranged for me to be moved into a neighbouring hotel and a taxi was on its way to bring me to the hotel. Ten minutes later, taxi drops me off at a hotel, which was around 500 metres away from the Berjaya. I walk into reception, explain the situation- the manager has no idea what I am talking about and has to call Berjaya for information.

Turns out, the Berjaya had sent me to the wrong hotel. The taxi driver asked the receptionist at Berjaya which hotel and she said "Thistle". He asked "Thistle Kensignton or Hyde Park?" She replied (quoate) "I don't know what it's called. It's just the Thistle". Filling me with confidence of course.

Got sorted in the end by the help of the manager in the Thistle hotel- wonderful staff. Will not be booking Berjaya again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nicola D
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights in June 2013, the only positive thing, well infact there are two positive things I can say about this hotel are-
1) The location
2) Leaving the place!

We arrived on Saturday at 11am, our room was not ready which was fine as usual check in is 2pm. We left our bags at the hotel and explored a bit of London (Kensington gardens are really close and are fantastic). We came back to the hotel in the evening and were shown to our room, reception staff are extremely unhelpful, but the gentleman who moved our bags to our room was very pleasant. Our room (33) was awful, in the basement, dirty and just very tired. You could not stand in the bathroom with your hands outstretched, and my boyfriend could not stand in the bathroom at all as the ceilings did not permit it! We immediately complained about our room due to the noise that you could hear from next doors air con/extractor fan unit and windows that would not close. Reception staff couldn't really care less, told us there was nothing that they could do as no other rooms were available. On the way into the hotel another gentleman was complaining and was actually moved hotels (should have been a sign!), unfortunately the same did not happen to us. We were told we would get moved the next day and were offered a complimentary breakfast ( didn't want to chance this given the state of the room!).

The next day we were moved rooms, the room was slightly better, i.e. no noisy extractor fan and we could see daylight, but that's about it. Still found several hairs in the supposedly clean bed, had no hot water from the shower and two further bad nights sleep.

If you have booked this hotel please cancel! Awful.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Lets see...
Phone did not work, safe did not work, no hot water this morning.

Tonight, hooligans across street yelling, swearing, noise making. Tried to call front. Desk to complain, but wait, I forgot, phone does not work.

Went down to desk to see if Police could be called re the noise. Clerk looked at me like I was for Mars. It is late at night, he say nothing can be done.

Oh yeah, while at desk another guest asks why computer in "business center" does not work. He was told "it doesn't work". A fine explanation.

Total disaster.