“Nice hotel, great location.”

Berjaya Eden Park London Hotel
Ranked #884 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Nice hotel, great location.”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

As all the other reviewers have said, the location was incredible. I don't really understand the few negative reviews I've seen of the rooms. The one I stayed in was beautiful and full of amenities. (I did get upgraded to a suite, but I'm certainly not complaining).

One thing that takes getting used to was the point source water heater. It takes a bit getting used to the variable temperature of the water when taking a shower as it varies from when you adjust the temperature. I come from the US where everyone has tanks, so the changing water temperature takes some getting used to. That was the only thing I found odd, but for all I know this is simply unavoidable in the UK.

Having an internet connection is vital for me while traveling, and cell phones just don't cut it, so Wi-Fi at the hotel is essential. The Wi-Fi was free and did happen to work in my room, but they don't really guarantee that it will. In 2013 I feel like we've reached an age where Wi-Fi should be both part of the expected service at a hotel, and free. While it was free, I'm sure it doesn't work in many of the rooms because they tell you it only works in the lobby.

The above is the only reason I'd rate the hotel 4 stars instead of 5.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Steve S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Canterbury, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This hotel is in a great location and includes a lovely bar, friendly reception staff and nice and clean rooms. I stayed twice, once in a single room which was rather small but cosy and comfortable. The second time I had booked a standard double room but we got upgraded for no additional costs. When we decided to stay another night on short notice, the reception staff offered us a rate significantly below the advertised rate.

For other travellers it might be important to note that the room rates change depending on demand. It is thus advisable to book early and/or be flexible with your booking dates in order to obtain the best price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This hotel is very convenient for the underground with easy walking to the Central Line at Queensway and the Circle and District Line at Bayswater. It is outside the Congestion Zone now and there is a car park on Bayswater Road and one in Queensway. Short trip to Paddington Rail station, either 15mins walk or short taxi or tube run. There are lots of local shops and restaurants to walk to, and Hyde Park is just a five minute walk. There are two qualities of room, standard and superior.

Room Tip: The better rooms are in the superior wing. Rooms at the front of the building can suffer traffic noi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Although it was not all bad I would not choose to stay in his hotel again. Looks good from the outside, location is good, and we had a friendly welcome from the receptionist. however: the room was poor, small, bathroom old, tv old, coffee set was somewhere hidden in a draw. We could not use the tap of the tub because if we opened it we were not able to close it again. Not that we wanted to use the bath tub! Also the towels where old....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
İstanbul
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Despite the good location it was the worst hotel that I had ever stayed in my life. Seems that the hotel didn't renovated since 1970's, the room carpets were stinking and the bathroom was awful. In the hotel pictures the bathroom doesn't exist and when I entered to the room I understand the reason. Also bed sheets and towels were dirty, I will not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Pireaus
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Yes, it is a beautiful old building with good value for money at a selected location. I would recommend it for any solo or bussiness trip to whom who wishes to stay for a 3-4 days in London. Not for families, couples or disadvantaged persons.

On the other hand: a) Breakfast sucks, it doesn't even include any kind of eggs at the fixed price. b) The only elevator is a problem, it is very slow and small, gets crowded and so you have to wait for countless minutes. I went mostly on foot downstairs. c) Sleep was my major problem at this hotel. The bed was small, narrow and was shaking a lot. I am 1,90 cm tall and my feet and hands where hanging outside the bed. I have never slept at a hotel in such a way in my life. Also, Friday and Saturday night noises from the road outside (Inverness Terrace) made my sleeping problem bigger.

Room Tip: Get a room not in front of Inverness Terrace road because it can be noisy at certain times (early in...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
South Wales
Reviewed April 30, 2013

A beautiful building, close to Queensway tube station on the central line - on the edge of Hyde Park. Check in / reception was fine, corridors are tired and in need of a lick of paint - but the room was surprisingly clean and modern. The foam pillows were lumpy and hard - but the bed was otherwise comfortable. I was impressed by the bar and restaurant area 's - lovely decor / ambience. However, breakfast the following morning was like faulty towers! It is a perfectly acceptable self service buffet - 3 staff were dashing round trying to serve a fairly full room. We were shown to our table, given one cup and told to help ourselves to food and another cup would be brought. It was difficult to help ourselves to food as there were no plates - every so often one or two plates would come out from the kitchen but these were quickly taken - we asked another twice for a coffee cup and when we did finally get one it was thrown on the table with no communication from the waitress! I appreciate that when the restaurant is fairly full the staff would be busy - but surely a hotel has adequate cups and plates? It was like we were waiting for them to be washed as they were returned to the kitchen....... I have never experienced such shambolic service!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple