“Clean, comfortable and amazing location (straight out onto Oxford Street)”
Review of The Cumberland

The Cumberland
Ranked #432 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Booked last minute last Saturday for 1 night. The room we were given was really only a single and not suitable for both of us - spoke with reception and they were fantastic! We were moved within minutes to a room with a king size Bed without any fuss. I really didn't expect to find this kind of friendly and helpful attitude in such a large hotel. Rooms were clean and did the job perfectly for 1 night. Perfect location.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Magali P, General Manager at The Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay at The Cumberland Hotel.

I'm delighted to see that you had a great stay with us and I hope that we will have the pleasure to see you back at the hotel soon.

There are newer reviews for The Cumberland

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

If you want a fantastic modern hotel opposite Winter Wonderland and a few steps away from Oxford Street then this is it! We were given an executive upgrade as it was my birthday and had a fantastic suite with a birthday cake! We only stayed one night but nothing is too much trouble and everyone is so polite! I will stay here every time I visit London!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Magali P, General Manager at The Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

I'm delighted to read that you had a great time on your birthday at the hotel !! It is one of this little things which make a big difference.Everything is important to us and we really want our guests to have an enjoyable time with us.

I'm glad you have happy memories and I look forward to see you in the near future may be !!

the Cumberland Hotel

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Location very good. Executive rooms need to be upgraded. Bar prices are ridiculous. My husband was charged a service charge while at the bar getting our drinks. Housekeeping also needs too be looked at. The check in is an experience. No real atmosphere in hotel, even at Christmas. Too big and clinical. Would only stay again at a push and for location.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Reviewer,

I'm sorry that you felt disappointed whilst being with us.

The bar charges are a normal average in London and the services charges are applied in a lot of venues too should you not be satisfied with the services we would remove them without any issue.

I hope that you give us another try may be in the new year.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I stayed here in November & found it was located perfectly. The shopping area was very close by & the tube station was just round the corner too.
The drinks in the hotel were pricy but they always are in a good hotel.

I def recommend this one.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your review on your recent stay with us at The Cumberland Hotel.

I'm glad you had overall a pleasant time and I hope that you will return soon.

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Arrived a little early, but receptionist very helpful and upgraded to a room that was ready. Room was perfectly adequate for our needs, however, the power shower had no power. ...it was lame....I put the strength of a shower very high on my priorities when booking a hotel so was very disappointed. Sunday morning decided to take breakfast downstairs in the market restaurant. ...bad move. ..the queue was over 50 people. ...terrible service. ..I retreated to reception who kindly offered me breakfast in the upstairs cafe. Overall my thoughts are. ..excellent service from all the staff, but I probably wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Reviewer,

I'm sorry that you were overall disappointed whilst staying with us. I have shared your comments with my whole team and our Chief Engineer and Food & Beverage Manager would like to send their personnal apologies.

It is hard to keep all our customers happy and I can see that our staff tried their best to satisfy you as much as possible. May be you give us a second chance sometime next year.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I have attended two week long conferences (2010 and 2012) and this hotel has delivered great value to organizers and attendees. The rooms are modern perhaps a bit small. The location is awesome you are virtually close to all London attractions and walking distance to great restaurants, shopping and the tube. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your recent review related to your stay at the Cumberland Hotel.

I'm delighted to read that you were entirely satisfied with our product and also our services.

We hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

This hotel is in a great location at Marble Arch, with an entrance beside the tube station. Hotel has a very modern large lobby. Staff all very helpful and friendly.

Rooms clean and good, though bathroom could do with a towel rail nearer the shower!

Excellent breakfast selection

We found it very easy to walk from hotel in any direction to get to where we wanted to go.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view of Hyde park
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank marina061

Dear Reviewer,

I'm glad you had an enjoyable overall stay with us.

We hope to see you back soon.