The Cumberland is opposite Hyde Park and Marble Arch. Marble Arch Tube Station is literally next door. You can walk to Selfridges in Oxford Street in 3 or 4 minutes.
The Executive Room is worth the extra - very large room with free movies on tap, internet and a small fridge. A big plus with the Executive Rooms are the free access to the Executive Lounge which has comfortable armchairs, a big flat screen TV, snacks, and drinks all day. Great Coffee Machine too.
Breakfast is a little hectic as this hotel can have up to 2000 people at a time. Good food but very crowded and noisy. However this is the only downside to this hotel. Service is excellent and the position is fabulous. From Heathrow, Paddington is the nearest access. A taxi (July 2013) cost £7.20 from the station to the hotel. Lots of taxis outside the station. Follow the floor signs for 'Taxis'.
Ask for a room opposite Hyde Park if possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cumberland Hotel is one of London's most famous and finest four star hotels. Opposite Marble Arch, it is perfectly located with superb service and facilities. Its inspiring lobby exhibits inspirational original works of modern art, perfectly complimenting its contemporary style. A great hotel in a perfect location in one of the world's great cities! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Cumberland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cumberland Hotel London
- Cumberland Hotel London
- Cumberland London
- The Cumberland London, England