I had a tour group stay here for 4 nights and the only complaint was that the rooms were very small. Not just for singles sharing a twin bedded room but even the doubles were cramped. I also had some people complain about the lighting for night time reading. I would agree as you can see from the photos the lighting was terrible for reading in bed and it was also not even there on the desk.
Now the windows opened which was nice, pant press and board and iron nicely hidden behind a big mirror. Quiet, clean room with closet, safe, empty bar fridge (great!) coffee/tea making and cookies and real milk in little packets. Good quality bath ammenities and a nice bathroom but lighting could be a bit brighter. Comfy bed, lots of tv stations to watch, bathrobes.
Breakast ample and variety as very good. 6 elevators so service was good but it is a very large hotel so you need that. Modern lobby and huge, great help desk and the location of the hotel was really handy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cumberland Hotel is one of London's most famous and finest four star hotels. Opposite Marble Arch, it is perfectly located with superb service and facilities. Its inspiring lobby exhibits inspirational original works of modern art, perfectly complimenting its contemporary style. A great hotel in a perfect location in one of the world's great cities! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Cumberland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cumberland Hotel London
- Cumberland Hotel London
- Cumberland London
- The Cumberland London, England