The Cumberland
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
6,423 results
All reviewsmarble archoxford streethyde parkexecutive roomexcellent locationpret a mangerlarge hotelbusy hoteltube stationironing boardcentral linewest endconciergefoyerselfridgesdoormantheatre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Service is excellent rooms are on the small side but are very well equipped free internet connection and tea coffee or chocolate available in room. Breakfast excellent .
all round a very good hotel with good bars and restaurant

Room Tip: select a room at rear of hotel front rooms near road
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John O
Angela R, General Manager at The Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Dear Reviewer.
Thank you for your time spent in writing your positive and wonderful feedback on The Cumberland Hotel.

I am very glad you enjoyed our Hotel and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

£140 per night and the room was dark and small. Fortunately I was only there for 2 nights. Humming air conditioning units kept me awake. Good location but I would not stay here again. Room service was the mot expensive I have ever had in London.

3  Thank Doris094

Greetings from The Cumberland.
I am very sorry to read your comments regarding the lack of light you had in the room.

We have very light and spacious rooms at the front of our hotel.

I do hope you get the chance to stay again and enjoy another type of bedroom that is to your satisfaction.
Our intention was not for you to be dissatisfied and for this I apologise.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

This hotel is just a few steps from the tube station and the customer service is of the highest standard I have come across in years. The front of house staff are welcoming, efficient and helpful and the hotel entrance is modern, fresh, artistic and spacious. My double room was very comfortable and jewel like. The room was very modern, clean, comfortable and had everything I needed, including a safe (no extra charge). The bed was very comfortable too and free WiFi a bonus although only niggle was the signal in the bedroom wasn't always there. My late check in was not an issue for eating and I chose the Brasserie in the hotel. The staff were very friendly, helpful and attentive without being overbearing. The whole dining experience from food & beverages to excellent customer service was second to none and a truly enjoyable experience. When I checked out the following day the trainee receptionist very quickly found the best route for me to get to my next destination. I would definitely recommend this hotel and choose to stay for a pleasure trip when I would have time to enjoy all the wonderful attractions and shopping opportunities that are within walking distance.

1  Thank PurplED_13
Angela R, General Manager at The Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Greetings From The Cumberland Hotel.

Thank you very much for your positive comments. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again.

Kindest regards.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for a work conference and the rooms were very good size as far as US standards compared to European standards. The entire hotel was clean and modern with a great atmosphere. Customer service was great all around, location was central to both historic sites and shopping. Overall I would put this at the top of my list for business or personal travel, overall just a great experience.

2  Thank rcavilla
Angela R, General Manager at The Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments.
Myself and all the staff at The Cumberland love to hear how happy our guests feel during their stay.
Being away from home on a business trip can sometimes be uncomfortable.

I hope you come and visit us again, next time on a leisure trip.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Quirky set up in the reception area with various pieces of artwork scattered around. Room was comfortable enough but on the small side. Bathroom felt cramped. Was offered a room with a bath or walk in shower. I chose the shower but the layout in the bathroom just felt awkward. Staff at reception very polite at check in and check out.

1  Thank brownba

Thank you for your valued feedback. I am glad to hear our staff at check in and out were friendly.
We pride ourself at Te Cumberland on great service.

I have noted your comment about the the lack of space and impracticality in some of our Bathrooms .These were designed as such when The Cumberland was refurbished 4 years ago and I regrettably can not foresee them being reviewed in the very near future. I totally empathise with your disappointment and I would like to apologise for not being able to remedy to this.

Ian Peck