This hotel is in the perfect location for travellers to London - 3 mins walk across the road to Hyde Park and from there walk to all the wonderful tourist attractions - Buckingham Palace is only 30 mins. walk away. There are plenty of restaurants in the area including the wonderful Wetherspoons pub "The Tyburn" on the corner of Bryanston Street/Edgeware Road. If you fancy a McDonalds; KFC or Pret a Manger they are 1 min walk from the hotel. Marble Arch Underground is 1 min. walk away so that when you are tired from your busy day of visiting all the fantastic tourist attractions in London you can come out of the Marble Arch Tube Station and be in your room in minutes. There is a Sainsbury's, Waitrose, and Marks and Spencers all within very easy walking distance, and of course Boots and many other shops. The hotel foyer is very modern and stark in decor, don't expect antiques and luxury - but the reception was efficient and we got real value for money for the room. We did not eat in the hotel as we wanted to sample pub foods around London, but the one time we decided to eat in the hotel restaurant it wasn't particularly welcoming so we went elsewhere. There is very good tea/coffee making facility in the room and a very good size fridge, which was nice to store snacks, milk and other drinks. There was no bath in our room, but I found out afterwards I could have requested a room with a bath. The hotel is huge but be warned, the corridors are like a rabbit warren but there are plenty of lifts and we didn't have to wait long for one. Our room overlooked a narrow utility courtyard and our window looked straight into other rooms - again be warned although there are blockout curtains in the room, there is no net curtaining, so when you are in the room in the daytime you have to pull the blockouts across which means there is no natural light coming into the room. We found it annoying and eventually went to Primark (2 mins down the road in Oxford Street) and purchased a net curtain for 2Pounds and clipped it between the blockout curtains - problem solved!!!! The bed is an absolute dream - the most comfortable bed possible - we just loved coming back to the room after a long day walking everywhere in London knowing that we had this divine bed to relax in - it really was the most wonderful thing about the hotel. Our room was very quiet. The TV was new and large so very pleasing and there is free WI-FI in the room anytime and was very easy to access which made our stay much more enjoyable as we had to contact family frequently and also download e-tickets for onward legs of our trip. We got our room at a very good price because we booked a long time in advance - this made it very good value for money. If you had to pay top dollar for the room there may be other hotels that rival it but the location, comfort in the room and free wi-fi did it for us even if it didn't have luxury fittings in the foyer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cumberland Hotel is one of London's most famous and finest four star hotels. Opposite Marble Arch, it is perfectly located with superb service and facilities. Its inspiring lobby exhibits inspirational original works of modern art, perfectly complimenting its contemporary style. A great hotel in a perfect location in one of the world's great cities! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Cumberland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cumberland Hotel London
- Cumberland Hotel London
- Cumberland London
- The Cumberland London, England