Stayed here mid-October on an organised concert trip. We've stayed here before since the refurb years ago and were hoping for a better room this time.
I'd say that the reception, bars and restaurants are to a very good standard and the staff are pretty attentive without being intrusive. The lobby bar/restaurant is very accommodating by staying open 'until you're finished'!!
The rooms are a still a little disappointing. Not really thought out for the visitors comfort and convenience. More for the 'contemporary' look and feel. Our double bed had one side up against a wall, wardrobe definitely not suited to medium height ladies with long dresses to hang, bathroom with illogical and annoying layout etc. However, it was clean with a decent size room safe and free wifi.
Overall, this was a very conveniently located hotel for our trip and had some really good social space for meeting friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cumberland Hotel is one of London's most famous and finest four star hotels. Opposite Marble Arch, it is perfectly located with superb service and facilities. Its inspiring lobby exhibits inspirational original works of modern art, perfectly complimenting its contemporary style. A great hotel in a perfect location in one of the world's great cities! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Cumberland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cumberland Hotel London
- Cumberland Hotel London
- Cumberland London
- The Cumberland London, England