My husband and I recently stayed for 8 nights at the Cumberland Hotel to celebrate our 40th anniversary. We spent part of our honeymoon in London and wanted to revisit our trip in 1971. The hotel is across the street from Marble Arch and Hyde Park. The Marble Arch tube is just around the corner as are convenient bus stops. Oxford Street is also around the corner and a few blocks down from the hotel is the famous Selfridges department store. Not only does it have beautiful merchandise, but it has a "food hall" where you can sit and have coffee, sandwiches, etc.
The Cumberland Hotel was very comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful. We had a very quiet room on the sixth floor that had great air-conditioning. There isn't much in the room in the way of storage, but we were happy to end our days there. We had a package that included breakfast and for sure you won't go hungry. There are several different food stations to choose from, self-service, except for coffee or tea which is served to you.
The clientele is very diversified. You will see people of all different religions. The lobby is a great place to "people watch." You will also find the lobby quite interesting. It looks like a modern museum!
We very much enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cumberland Hotel is one of London's most famous and finest four star hotels. Opposite Marble Arch, it is perfectly located with superb service and facilities. Its inspiring lobby exhibits inspirational original works of modern art, perfectly complimenting its contemporary style. A great hotel in a perfect location in one of the world's great cities! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Cumberland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cumberland Hotel London
- Cumberland Hotel London
- Cumberland London
- The Cumberland London, England