“Hotel from Hell”

and 1 more site!
Berkeley Court
Ranked #1,031 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 14, 2012

This is by far the absolute WORST hotel I have ever stayed in. It was small, dirty, cold, smelly, no hot water, unwelcoming, uncomfortable and despite the cheap rate NOT worth staying. Only good thing was I so badly didn't want to be there I saw a lot of London

Room Tip: Don't choose this "hotel"
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dylan E
There are newer reviews for Berkeley Court

Reviewed May 6, 2012

Stayed there for only one night with my friend...and oh my gosh it was horrible.DON"T STAY HERE!!!!

1. the receptionist was not friendly at all, and the entrance felt so dark and dirty.
2. the room was HORRIBLE...the floor was dirty, tables was dusty, linens were NEVER changed(found pieces of hair and bodily fluids on pillows and sheets), NO TV, hairblower was in a filthy state and the room was sooo badly ventilated
3. the toilet is like a scene from a horror movie. NO lights(the receptionist just said IT WAS FUSED and never did anything about it), and the bath tub was sooo disgusting and the drain was clog!!!! IT WAS HORRIBLE...I never bathed so fast in my life before
4.NO luggage keeping services...they just ask you to put your bags near the corner of the stairs(which was dusty and dirty)...and they don't even bother keeping an eye on it...it is sooo not safe to keep anything with them.
5.NO breakfast,NO room service...NO NOTHING

Please don't stay here, go stay in a hostel or anywhere but here...It is NOT cheap at all and it was such a disgusting experience, I felt so unsecured in the "hotel"(I can't believe they call this horrid place a hotel at all...It does not deserve to be called that)...and I felt so uncomfortable and dirty after staying there.

Don't waste your money on this place...it is not worth it at all...I will NEVER EVER stay here AGAIN.

Room Tip: Just don't stay in this hotel...It's not worth it
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank shashac14
Reviewed January 17, 2012

No cleaning, no service, no hot water, no hair-dryer, no breakfast. I do not recommend (but for the location, very close to shops!)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Katarina L
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Alarm bells went off when we saw the cracked plastic sign over the street entrance on Upper Berkeley Street, and our apprehension only deepened on ascending the ratty red carpet up to the reception. We were shown three rooms, one more dismal than the next, and --because we were prepaid and couldn't escape--we finally settled on the least objectionable and quietest. Still, the bathroom was filthy and its walls afflicted with a thick black mold, the wallpaper in the bedroom was pocked and peeling, the curtain on the back window torn, the coffee-colored and obscenely stained blanket full of cigarette holes, and the bedsprings--evidently from Dickensian times--creaked ominously. During the entire four nights we spent there, certainly a Guiness record in wanton masochism, the room was cleaned not even once, and the sheets changed only on the last day. When the temperature plunged at night, we turned on the prehistoric heater, only to be met with a blast of stinking air; evidently the mold had invaded its innards.
We are seasoned tourists, and this grim and grubby facility (to say hotel would be a ridiculous exaggeration) was by far the worst we have ever experienced. Fellow travelers beware!
P. S. To its credit, this establishment does evidence a playful kind of gallows humor, as they have put a sign reading "Rated on Tripadvisor.com.uk" on their front window!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Giulia751
Reviewed October 7, 2011

The hotel itself was absolutely disgusting. The stairs didn't look as if they had been vacuumed EVER. Even the step outside the hotel was covered in what looked like stripped paint.

My room was at the very top of the hotel and there was a ladder up to the attic at the top of the stairs that was down all the time.

My room was only serviced once during my 4 night stay and they never emptied the bin or changed the towels.

Pros: The sheets and towels were clean (at first) and the shower worked.

Cons: Literally everything else.

Find somewhere else. Even the location doesn't save it.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. Seriously.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 21, 2011

So creatively dirty that it became entertaining. My particular favourite was the toilet rolls used to prop open windows so they would not fall in on themselves.

The lock on the door did not work so sleep (fully clothed of course) was the luxury item I needed to sacrifice.

Police cell would be preferable. Strathbungo, No Bawbags!

Room Tip: Choose elswhere
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Bovril1
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Hi everyone,

I stayed there for 3 nights which was more than enough and luckily i did not get any skin infection. WHen i arrived, the lady on reception said they did not have my booking. When i showed her my printed confirmation she tried to make some excuses and wanted to move me to another 'hotel'. I rejected and somehow they get me one of their best rooms.
WHen i first stepped into room, oh Good! It was smelling, 3cm of the dust on tv and table, bathroom and shower were discusting. I went to complain and the lady told me they 'will give it a good cleaning'. Guess what? Nothing changed during whole stay but she had a curage to ask if i''t is better now'...
Going further, the douvet, sheets and pilows werent probably changed for some time. Most of the other people would just throw up when finding hair and nails on the place where you are supposed to sleep.
Windows were old and dirty and could not be properlu open nor closed.
They want you to pay for your staying upon arrival and now i understand why. The only good think aboout the hotel s the location.
I do not think i need to sum it but i ve read here somthing which i like and i am going to repeat it: DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND NEVER COME HERE!!!

Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo