“4* Hotel with 5* Staff”

Ambassadors Bloomsbury
Ranked #463 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 25, 2011

Wow! What a great find.
So easy to get to being just down from Euston Station, and a short walk from Euston Sq, tube.
Lobby is impressive and all staff encountered were just lovely. We managed to check in early and it was explained to us to use the buzzer and show our keycards if we're returning late (which we were). The hotel held our bags when we checked out for the whole day while we ran off shopping, it was like nothing was too much trouble.
The rooms were very close together, but never heard a peep out of next door.
Flat screen Tv's, really nice wetroom/shower room and desk. Liked the plug in heater so we could control our own temperature.
Beds could have been a little more comfy for my liking but we were warm and slept well enough with no noise interruption.
Very trendy bar/eatery and all the food looked to die for, but we felt Nando's and Ed's diner across the way would suffice for the night :)
Would stay here again anytime for great servcie and location and will not hasten to recommend to my clients.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Manager-Ambassadors, General Manager at Ambassadors Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2011

Dear Jessep66,

Thank you for taking the time out to review your stay at the Ambassadors Bloomsbury. I am delighted to read you had a great stay and your trip to London was a success.

I have to agree, the team here at the Ambassadors Bloomsbury are real true ambassadors for the hospitality industry and I am very proud of them. They do go out of their way to ensure exceptional customer care, at times not even found in luxury hotels. They are a true credit to themselves and families and also our guests.

I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future and that we will be your hotel of choice in the future.

Michael Musgrave MIH

Write a ReviewReviews (2,198)

Reviewed February 14, 2011

On 11th of February I booked a twin room at this hotel for 19th February, and obtained a print out to confirm my booking but with no dates mentioned. I was phoned on 12th February by the manager who said that I was being charged for a no show for on the night of 11th Feb. He could have easily transferred the payment to the 19th, when we wanted to come but chose not to. I was sent a confimation email, which unusually went directly to my spam emails, so that I would not see it.
I believe this is highly suspicious and would like to make others aware of it.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mojieahmady
Manager-Ambassadors, General Manager at Ambassadors Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2011

Dear Mr. Ahmady,

Thank you for your review regarding your no-show. As your booking was made via a 3rd party i.e. Laterooms.com, your confirmation would have stated the date and amount for your stay at the hotel. How these emails are sent via a 3rd party is something we do not have control over.

I am sure during the reservation process the date you booked was clearly displayed on your screen and it would have prompted you to confirm those dates. I am sure you can understand that a room booked and held is a room that cannot be resold, especially during busy weekend periods.

Reviewed February 13, 2011

I can confirm that a lot of the content in previous reviews are indeed true.
Firstly, the Hotel is a five minute walk from Euston Station, very convenient.
The receptionist was very efficient and we were quickly checked in and went up to our room (No 213), no doubt about it, it was quite small with very little storage space for clothes, the depth of the wardrobe was 8 inches, yes 8 inches, so travel light when coming to stay here.
The Management may want to remedy this by removing the chair from under the window and moving the dressing table to this area, then put a small chest of drawers under the TV, and possibly put up a couple of coat hooks on the wall next to the en-suite door for hanging up coats and jackets etc. just a suggestion.
The room had a three part bay window, when opening the blinds of the left and centre windows we were met with a wall, not the best of views you'll agree.
The en-suite bathroom was fine, only criticism would be the size of the wash hand basin, again a wee bit on the small side.
Breakfast was a fine experience, served in a very nice room up until 11.00am, the food was good and again the staff were efficient.
When we stayed there was a special Valentine's Dinner menu available for £40 per head plus a mandatory 12.5% service charge, and although the menu looked very good, the Hilton across the road was doing a similar Valentines Dinner for £25 per head plus only a 10% service charge, needless to say we went to the Hilton and it was excellent.
Would we stay here again, yes but only if it was for no more than two nights max.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Manager-Ambassadors, General Manager at Ambassadors Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2011

Dear mtsl2005,

Thank you for your review of the Ambassadors Bloomsbury. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and would return. Off course I would have rather you ate in Number Twelve on the weekend for your Valentines dinner as the menu was superb and the feedback was truly outstanding. My chef added a lot of individual extras to the dishes and all diners had an amazing meal experience.

Thank you for all your comments regarding the rooms and these have been noted.

Reviewed February 3, 2011

Had a reasonable stay here. Close to Euston station so very handy for trains and taxis. Staff at reception were curt and pretty much normal for London. Poor night's sleep due to traffic noise.

Bar not the most comfortable I've been in. Restaurant food and service good but quite expensive.

In general, it's not a place you'd want to stay in for an extended period. It had a bed, it had food and it had drink. There are better options though and I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business

Dear TSM2010,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Ambassadors Bloomsbury. I am disappointed to see that you would not be staying again with us and our level of service was probably not up to the standards for you.

We usually take pride in providing exceptional service to our guests, where no request can be too much for our staff. I do apologise if you got the wrong impression of them.

With regards to the traffic noise, we do have Double glazed windows in all our bedrooms but if you felt that it wasn’t adequate enough, I am sure my team would have been more than happy to move you to another side of the hotel.

I do hope that you will give us an opportunity to welcome you back at the Ambassadors Bloomsbury.

Regards,

Reviewed February 3, 2011

Outstanding hotel, helpful staff--took me in without a reservation on a Sunday eve after traveling all day. Then extended my stay while fully booked for the entire week. Great accommodation and location.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business

Dear rsnow5,

Thank you for your excellent review. My colleagues are a true asset and it is really nice to see that our service has been appreciated by our guests. We pride ourselves on providing a service which is second to none and we hope to continually adapt and learn in order to keep it up to the usual high standards.

I have passed on your comments to my esteemed colleagues and we hope to welcome you again soon at the Ambassadors Bloomsbury.

Reviewed February 1, 2011

Arriving at Ambassadors Bloomsbury was easy - it's a 2-3 minute walk from my sleeper stop at Euston Station and is easily identifiable from outisde (pink flags are the giveaway). As I regularly travel on my own, it's nice to stay at a hotel that's so easy to find.

The service was fantastic - all the staff are pleasant and ensure that you have everything for your stay. Every query I had was answered. I especially liked that when I asked for the receptionist to call a cab for me, the door man walked down to the kerbside and flagged one down for me. I really liked the little touches like that.

I cannot falter the cleanliness of the hotel, either. It was absolutely immaculate!

The only little (and I mean little!) gripe I have is that the room service menu doesn't have much choice. I settled for the cheeseburger and it was really nice, but I would've liked to have seen a little more variety.

Overall, an excellent stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business

Dear missus_tea,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Ambassadors Bloomsbury. It gives me a great sense of achievement when I see positive feedback like yours. It tells me that the hard work that my team has put in has been recognised by our guests. We pride ourselves on the personal service that we provide here at the hotel and it is encouraging for us to be appreciated for that. I have made sure that all the staff are aware of your positive comments.

With regards to the Room Service, our Head Chef is currently in the process of developing a new and improved menu for our guests and hopefully after that we shall be able to offer you even more choices.

I look forward to welcoming you at the Ambassadors Bloomsbury in the near future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed January 30, 2011

Stayed for two nights rooms very very small - rooms very impersonal ok for business trip maybe but was disappointed as wanted nice hotel room for theatre trip for me and my husband - wasn't impressed with glass bathroom door toilet was only about 3ft away from bed not good! Staff were nice and friendly food was ok just size and decor of room let it down. Business maybe leisure definately not.

• Stayed: January 2011

Dear jokell,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Ambassadors Bloomsbury. Space usually can be an issue especially with many London hotels. Also, the hotel being a Grade II listed building, there is little that we can do to resolve the issue.

I agree that our style and décor may not be to everyone’s taste however, they all have been designed to a high standard. I am glad to see that the service that you received from our staff was excellent and that you would return if on a business trip to London.

I look forward welcoming you again at the Ambassadors Bloomsbury.

Best regards,