Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
2,482 results
All reviews euston station wet room st pancras kings cross coffee machine british museum air con short stay full english russell square one night stay afternoon tea rooms are small deluxe room west end continental breakfast central location
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had stayed in the hotel opposite Ambassors for teo nights but after a bad experience I decided to move into this one. I am pleased that I did. The room had all the necessary things that I needed for an overnight stay. Unlike a lot of London hotels it had a bath aswell as a powerful shower. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet so I slept well. The window had two sets of blinds - a blackout blind and a venetian blind so you could alter the light as necessary.
There was a fridge in the room where there was milk available for making tea and coffee. Additionally there was an espresso coffee machine which I felt was a luxury and was not available in the more expensive hotel that I had been staying in. The room - 609 was spotless and there was plenty of space for my suitcase and hanging any clothes.
I was given a late checkout until 1pm pm which helped me greatly with my forwarding travel plans.
However the main positive point that I must make about this hotel is that when I arrived one hour earlier than check in, my room was available and I was greeted by extremely pleasant reception staff. Within minutes the concierge Joe started giving me a map of London and assisted me with my sightseeing. He pointed out four buses that I could catch from directly outside the hotel that would take me to central London sites. I used the bus to take me to a West End theatre. The bus dropped me directly outside the theatre and then dropped me directly outside the hotel when I returned about 11 pm. As I was a female solo traveller I felt very safe with this mode of transport and preferred to use it instead of the London underground late at night. I really appreciate Joe’s help with this. I would recommend this hotel and will not hesitate to stay there if I am able to get a reasonable room rate as I was this time.

Trip type: Traveled solo
FOM-Ambassadors, Front Office Manager at Ambassadors Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mavsters

Thank you very much for leaving such wonderful review about your stay at The Ambassadors Bloomsbury Hotel.

I am thrilled to hear that you had such a fantastic stay with us and that you found our staff amazingly friendly and attentive. I do have a great team who is very passionate about delivering only the very best service at all times to ensure our guests feel valued and special.

Indeed it is our primary aim to deliver the very highest levels of service, and always so pleasing when a guest takes the time to highlight their satisfactions with us. Rest assured, I will share your wonderful feedback with my entire team who will be thrilled to hear your kind words.

Once again, thank you so much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

Please do stay with us again when you are next planning a re-visit to London and I would be delighted to assist you with a reservation.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 8, 2020

I tried to summarise my short stay here; `I liked staying here. Nice room; Good location close to Kings Cross; Reception was very good. The shower had problem though. The floor was too flat, water overflowing.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Sheilla23

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel.

We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience.

We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 6, 2020 via mobile

The staff were really helpful and went out of their way to accommodate my needs last minute. Thank you very much for quality service and a lovely start to my holiday! The double room with the bath is a lovely size and was clean.

Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Mfby4mw3

Thank you for taking the time to leave a feedback after your recent stay with us.

Our team pride themselves on ensuring that all of our guests are well looked after and it is always lovely to see this being recognized.

I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

Returned from staying here today. We stayed over one night and this hotel did the job. It's located well, a short stroll from Euston Station and was great value. The hotel itself is clean and well kept. We slept well and were generally comfortable. The room was a bit cramped and set out weirdly. The bathroom was huge and I don't know whether this is the same in all rooms but it seemed to be a disabled bathroom with rails etc? We didn't have an issue with this but I've never stayed in a room like that before. It's worth staying here because of its location but only it you get a good rate.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear flavell7

Thank you for your fantastic review of The Ambassadors Bloomsbury Hotel London. Our hotel is ideally located in close proximity to many London attractions and within minutes of Euston Station.

Kind Regards

Reviewed January 1, 2020 via mobile

Booked in advance for new years eve for just over 100poind each.

Central to get around london on the tube within ten mins to most places. Euston is 5 mins walk if that.

Some things in the room fairly old especially the dresser and the cleaners need to hoover the edge of the carpets

Bypassing this the hotel did small touches in the room that other hotels dont for standard rooms such as an expresso machine. Robes and slippers. A fridge with water and milk in. Magazines to read. Very simple touches but appreciated! (Altho the robes did smell)

Bed was huge and comfortable too.

Was a decent stay. Didnt eat so cant comment.

Reception area clean and smart

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
FOM-Ambassadors, Guest Relations Manager at Ambassadors Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2020

Dear Tigerkins,
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I would always recommend going for the Deluxe rooms if you can (to get the bath robe and refrigerator) and they have the larger beds too!
We would be delighted to welcome you back to stay with us and if I can offer any further assistance, please just let me know.
Kind regards