Ambassadors Bloomsbury
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
The Euro Hotel(London)
2,233 results
All reviewswet roomeuston stationwardrobe spacest pancraskings crosscoffee machinebritish museumair conshort stayrussell squarefull englishone night stayafternoon tearooms are smalldeluxe roomwest endbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I had one night at this hotel on a business trip. First impressions were good - looks to me like the hotel has recently been refurbished . Modern, stylish look to the room. Small (very!) but comfortable. Clean crisp bed linen. But it went downhill from there. Extremely poor evening meal in the restaurant, which started with really stale bread I had to send back. Then awful pork! And PLEASE four pounds for a bottle of still water?! Next morning cold shower. I ran the water for five minutes but the temperature never rose above tepid. When I complained the next morning I was expecting some kind of explanation/compensation but all that happened was I was asked to complete a feedback form! Only plus was the breakfast, which was very good.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ClintandJoR
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Having stayed in many hotels in London which were either good but too expensive or a huge disappointment, this hotel was simply a relief, as I now know I have somewhere I can return to which will be reliably clean, pleasant and comfortable. As a fairly elderly, single traveller, I felt totally at ease and found the staff most helpful in providing any extras which I needed. The hotel is also within easy walking distance of Euston Station and the whole of Bloomsbury, with easy access to Oxford Street and the West End. One could also stay at this hotel for business purposes,and I understand that gym facilities are available. The food was excellent if a little pricy for breakfast unless you eat loads, in which case it was great value. My room was a bit chilly but the staff brought me an extra heater. A magnifying mirror would be a useful addition. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: As a solo traveller I booked a twin room for the extra space as the cost differential was not great.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Guinevere744
GM-Ambassadors, General Manager at Ambassadors Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Mr Guinevere744

I am delighted that you choose Ambassadors Bloomsbury on your recent stay in London.

We hope to provide a friendly yet professional response to any guests needs.

Recently we have changed the pricing of our breakfast starting at £8.95 for pancakes Tea or coffee & Juice.

Thank you for your review and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Just spent 3days at this hotel, room was small - think of the saying swing the cat by the tail is about size of room. Shower was a wet room with toilet and wasbasin within same very small area. The floor got very wet! The breakfast, though was superb, concierge was very quick to help etc, handy 4euston station . All in all ok for price if you need quick short break. Room was at side of hotel and bad 4 traffic noise etc.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for quiet room if are any.?
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Paul S

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

As you rightly mention the majority of our rooms offer toilet and wet room shower but water should not flood the whole room, will be beneficial for us which room you were staying to see if we can find a fault on that particular room.

As well our deluxe rooms offer bathtubs and the rooms are slightly larger @ 27sqm.

I have passed your comments to Joe our concierge and Michal our F&B Manager regarding Breakfast.

I hope you may prefer to try our deluxe rooms on your next visit, they may be better to your requirements.

generalmanager@ambassadors.co.uk.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Pro-tip for anyone running a hotel. Do not use ammonia as your main cleaning agent because it smells like urine. You saving 10 pence per room cleaning is not worth the giant blast of pee smell I get when I turn on the shower, or the fumes that permeate all the rooms here. Protip number 2: clean your carpets, they look like they belong in a cheap Vegas Motel 6, not an Ambassador Hotel.

I have been travelling around the UK for 2 weeks and have stayed in several hotels, all of which I will be reviewing on trip advisor in the next couple of days. However, this place is such a complete and utter hole, I simply couldn't wait.

The rooms are TINY, they smell very strongly of ammonia, and the carpets are dirty. How this place got a plaque from Trip Advisor to hang over their front desk is beyond me. If you have a sense of smell or are skeezed out by general filth, don't stay here. You have been warned.

• Stayed: April 2013
7  Thank FreeWilly321

Dear FreeWilly321

Thank you for your review about our hotel in Tripadvisor, I am glad to see that you have recently join Tripadvisor but I am disapointed that I have not been able to read other reviews as you stated in your comments.

Our hotel is a city hotel located very close to Euston station or Kings cross St Pancras and the size of our rooms are between 11sqm to 26sqm we are aware of this fact and we are as transparent as possible.

I completely refute your comments regarding the standard of cleanliness in the hotel, I can say that Cecilia our Head Housekeeper with over 35 years experience and the team are very disappointed.

I have fail to find any complaint from any of our guests about that to try to investigate further.

I am sorry you did not tell us during your stay, but if you like to give me more details I enclose my email address.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights as I was on a course held at the hotel. Once my winter coat was hung up there was little room for anything else. No drawers whatsoever so I lived out of a suitcase. Wet room rather than bathroom so if you don't want to mop your own floor after your shower then avoid. Perishingly cold as the heating only works whilst your door key is in the power slot. after being on the course all day, returning to a freezing room was not the welcome I was looking forward to. On the plus side, Reception staff very helpful. Restaurant ok, had a breakfast deal which turned out to be rather expensive as I paid the same for one person as couples did. When I asked for cappuccino with my breakfast I was told it would be an extra £2.50 so on the 2nd morning I bought coffee at Starbucks a few doors down.

Room Tip: For a better view ask for a street facing room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank UKBusinesslady292
GM-Ambassadors, General Manager at Ambassadors Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear UKBusinesslady292

Thank you for using us on your last stay in London, I am sorry that we did not offer you an extra card to make sure your room was warm on your return.

We are in the process of designing extra storage to all our rooms to avoid our guests having to keep their clothes in suitcases, our ambassadors rooms have already a bigger wardrobe.

I am not sure which offer you took for breakfast, I believe our offering is great value and we always offer unlimited tea & coffee, but we do have extra charges for capuccinos

Thank you for your comments about our reception staff I am sure Suraj and the team will be delighted to read them.
I would be delighted to help you if you have any future needs for accommodation in London.