“Fantastic :-)”

Ambassadors Bloomsbury
Ranked #449 of 1,088 Hotels in London
“Fantastic :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Booked this hotel via "Amazon Local" (kinda like Groupon et al) and included dinner and breakfast for 2.
At no point did we feel like "budget" travellers. The service in this hotel was faultless, the room was smart and clean and the food was superb. The location is convenient for Euston, St Pancreas and Kings Cross, but room was blissfully quiet.
To avoid gushing, my minor niggles were 1) air conditioning irritated us both and 2) they do not supply weekend papers, but this is so minor, it did not detract from our weekend.
Whoever was chef on the evening of 23/02/2013 is truly worth a commendation.
Thanks all for a great stay!

Room Tip: Simple, but smart.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights whilst visiting London. Arrived late the first night and were greeted by friendly and efficient staff who promptly checked us in. Superior double room was compact and bijou but clean, quiet and comfortable. Wet room absolutely fine with powerful shower and nice heated towel rail. Flat-screen telly and wifi as well as tea/coffee making facilities in the room. Location very central and well served by tubes and buses for those who may be less keen to walk everywhere. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was one of the best we have had and the staff were consistently pleasant to us, particularly Ravi. Staff happy to store our luggage after checking out. We simply could not find fault at all and will be our hotel of choice for future London trips.

PetePhillips
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I spend quite a few nights in London on business but try and keep to the cheaper hotels to put onto expenses for my work. So I am always looking for somewhere which is going to ensure I am safe and well and which provides a good breakfast and hopefully free wifi, but isn't going to break the bank. Ambassadors was fine for me.

I booked a superior double but I have to say it was a bit smaller than your average double bedroom but it did only cost me £105. I actually checked with reception to see whether it was indeed a superior, but was told it was. So, don't expect to have much room! There was plenty for me.

The shower/bathroom is also bijou! A wet room which means anything you leave on the floor will be saturated if you have a shower - so don't take clothes in there and leave them near the floor! But the shower was great - nice and hot, nice and strong.

The bed is firm and all is good. TV. Wifi. All as per normal. AirCon even worked.

Breakfast was in the Number 12 restaurant. Good breakfast with excellent choice and very attentive if a bit grumpy waiters. No issues for me other than that I had to ask for some brown sauce...but it was brought over in a saucer very quickly.

This place is good enough for me to look for it again. Very close to Euston and Kings Cross, but quiet and on the route into the centre of town. Quite close to UCL and the British Museum.

Not sure why it doesn't get higher rating than those listed.

Pete

Room Tip: Certainly superior seems to = standard!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lincoln
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

To start I will answer a few questions you may have, yes the rooms are small, yes the rooms only have a shower/wet room. No lets put things in perspective. Your probably here for a few nights while shopping or catching a show? Well if that's the case why do you need a huge room, these small but clean, quiet and well appointed rooms are fantastic for the short stay, they have a comfortable bed, air con and heating, they are very quiet and great to get your head down at the end if a busy day. From the moment you check in you realise that customer service is high on the staff list, we was greeted in a polite and friendly manner and pointed in the right direction, breakfast was good in the morning too. The location is great and walking distance to to tube stations too. All in all it's a very clean modern and quiet hotel in a great location for the whole of london

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank ScottParkes
dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed in the Ambassadors for 2 nights recently before and after a trip to France. First stay what can I say??? We came for breakfast at 9.00 and we were promptly showen to our table. It took 15 minutes and three requests before someone came to take our order. My husband opted for full English and I opted for Scrambled eggs with bacon on the side. 10 minutes later my husbands food arrived and five minutes later I was still waiting, so I left without breakfast and complained to the waiter and to the reception staff who deducted £10 from our bill.
We stayed again a week later and I must say I can not complain about any service at breakfast. Attentive staff, and efficient service.
probably wouldnt stay here again.

Helsingborg, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I was in London on business for four days, so I spent three nights at the Ambassadors. I choose it due to the proximity to meeting location. However since the hotel is located near three underground stations (King's cross, Euston, Russell square) it also made it the perfect hotel to get quickly to some sights. Nearby you have the British Museum and Camden, and Bloomsbury is lovely to walk around in.

The room i stayed in was quaint, almost claustrophobic but it was clean and fresh. The breakfast that was offered seemed very pricey ( £30) so I did not have it. There is a Starbucks 100 m from the hotel and Euston station has a number of cafes.

If I go back, I would not hesitate to book the Ambassadors again.

Room Tip: Room 400 is tiny
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank nedima
york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was a little worried after reading some of the reviews, but when we arrived the staff were friendly, we was able to leave our luggage until time to check in, very close to kings cross station and euston station. lots of bars and shops locally. The room was clean tidy and modern, bathroom small but had everything you needed, we went down to the bar for a few drinks and again the staff couldnt be more helpful. The beds were comfortable, i was expecting to be woken up with the noise of the traffic as we were on the front of the hotel but we never heard anything. Breakfast was plentiful, continental, and full english choices, three different types of fruit juice, fresh coffee tea and food kept coming out fresh on a regular basis. Would stay here again it was a fantastic stay

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends