I stayed in Ambassador Bloomsbury for 5 nights in October 2012, and I liked it. The service at the front desk was friendly and helpful when I arrived. I had a double room for myself, and room 410 was clean and simply but nicely decorated. Fresh bottled water and well working free wifi. There was enough room for one, for two it would have been too small. Even though the room was facing to the back yard, I could hear the traffic so well that I thought at first a window was open. But I had no trouble sleeping.
The hotel was more expensive than what I usually have, but on the other side it was half the price of Holiday Inn nearby, where my conference took place, and it was just a five minute walk away in nice surroundings.
It is also easy to go everywhere from this Hotel. The bus stop is right front of the hotel, another around the corner and there are two tube stations nearby, including Piccadilly line, which goes to Heathrow airport. Also the sightseeing tour bus has a stop within two minutes walk.
As many others have, I also enjoyed the breakfast, which was included in the room price. During weekdays there was a good cold buffet with also fresh fruit and smoothies, and on top of it there was a good selection of warm dishes by order (also included in the price). My favorite was scrambled eggs with cold smoked organic salmon. I arrived late on two evenings, and hadn't had a dinner, so I ordered from the room service. Both the chicken curry and fish and chips (de luxe, I would say) were very good and moderate price.
I would go again to Ambassadors Bloomsbury.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the fashionable Bloomsbury district, this 4-star hotel offers bright, stylish rooms, an Italian restaurant, and a chic bar. King's Cross Station is less than 10 minutes' walk away. Complimentary Wi-Fi and access to hotel gym is offered. Each air-conditioned room at Ambassadors Bloomsbury includes a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, Hypnos mattresses, a safe, a hairdryer and tea/coffee making facilities. Complimentary mineral water and toiletries are also provided. The Number Twelve Restaurant serves gourmet Italian cuisine made from fresh, seasonal produce with views of the London streets. The stylish bar offers a wide selection of cocktails, beers, and wines, along with a snack menu and plasma-screen TV. Both Euston and Russell Square Station are 5 minutes' walk away, while St. Pancras, the terminal for the Eurostar, is a 10-minute walk away. The British Library is 5 minutes away on foot, and The British Museum is 15 minutes' walk. Major attractions such as the British Museum, London Zoo, Madame Tussauds and Camden Market are all less than a mile away. Camden is a great choice for travellers interested in jazz, opera and street musicians. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Ambassadors Bloomsbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassadors Bloomsbury Hotel London
- Ambassadors Hotel London
- Ambassadors Bloomsbury London, England