I stayed in London overnight for a conference and chose this hotel because it was across the road from the conference venue (Woburn House). The location is excellent as the hotel is close to Euston, Euston Square and King's Cross.
The Receptionist was welcoming and friendly. The room (116) was a Single but had a double bed. It was a small room but acceptable for a Single. It was facing the back of the property where there were a lot of air vents and chimneys which were making a constant humming noise, but nothing too disturbing (and I am a light sleeper). No road noise whatsoever, which was impressive for London.
The bathroom was small but adequate, no bath unfortunately. The shower was hot and had good water pressure at 7.00 AM, which can't be said of all hotels in London. I also liked the shower gel and shampoo, and there was conditioner, which you don't always get in hotels.
I thought the room was a little sterile, but for a short stay on business it was perfectly fine. I couldn't get all the channels on telly due to a bad signal, which was annoying but not a big deal. I couldn't quite figure out how to lock the door from within the room, but I know it was locked from outside so left it at that. I had a good night's sleep, comfy bed and no problems with room temperature or noise in any way. There was an orange beadspread over the bottom end of the bed, which looked a little worse for wear and wasn't very appealing. I just got rid of it. The sheet had a couple of small holes where it is normally hidden under the matress but had come loose, but overall the linen was clean and (at least) smelled as if it had been washed, which is most important.
Breakfast was great, a step up from the awful full English buffets you get in so many places. There was a waiter who took my order for the hot choice, which meant hot food was freshly made and not sat on hotplates for hours. Having said that, I ordered poached eggs with my full English and got two: one was overdone, the other slightly under. Still, I thought it was better than most other places which serve either watery or dried up scrambled eggs. The bacon and mushrooms were lovely. There was also plenty of choice if you were still hungry after the full English. You could help yourself to cereals, fresh fruit salad, yoghurts, pastries, warm bread rolls, salmon, cheeses and meats. Very good standard, and extremely friendly waiting staff.
Would stay here again and would like to see what their Doubles are like.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the fashionable Bloomsbury district, this 4-star hotel offers bright, stylish rooms, an Italian restaurant, and a chic bar. King's Cross Station is less than 10 minutes' walk away. Complimentary Wi-Fi and access to hotel gym is offered. Each air-conditioned room at Ambassadors Bloomsbury includes a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, Hypnos mattresses, a safe, a hairdryer and tea/coffee making facilities. Complimentary mineral water and toiletries are also provided. The Number Twelve Restaurant serves gourmet Italian cuisine made from fresh, seasonal produce with views of the London streets. The stylish bar offers a wide selection of cocktails, beers, and wines, along with a snack menu and plasma-screen TV. Both Euston and Russell Square Station are 5 minutes' walk away, while St. Pancras, the terminal for the Eurostar, is a 10-minute walk away. The British Library is 5 minutes away on foot, and The British Museum is 15 minutes' walk. Major attractions such as the British Museum, London Zoo, Madame Tussauds and Camden Market are all less than a mile away. Camden is a great choice for travellers interested in jazz, opera and street musicians. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Booking.com, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ambassadors Bloomsbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassadors Bloomsbury Hotel London
- Ambassadors Hotel London
- Ambassadors Bloomsbury London, England