“Decent hotel well located for St Pancras Eurostar terminal” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ambassadors Bloomsbury

Ambassadors Bloomsbury
Ranked #442 of 1,086 Hotels in London
UK
“Decent hotel well located for St Pancras Eurostar terminal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2011

I visited this hotel last in 2007, and hadn't been too impressed - I'd forgotten that I'd been before when I booked again, but it wasn't a problem as I was pleasantly surprised. It is expensive but then, it's London. The location is convenient for Kings Cross St Pancras (Eurostar terminal), which was why I chose it. It's about a ten minute walk down Euston Road (in the direction of the British Library, turn off when you see the church on the other side of the road from the station).

I think it's probably been updated since I last stayed, it's got a nice modern feel. The room I had was a good size for such a central hotel, comfortable bed and not a lot of noise so good sleep. The bathroom looked relatively newly fitted, nice complimentary toiletries, and shower worked well.

Breakfast wasn't included in my room rate and I had an early train so didn't eat here this time.

Room was very clean and the staff were all very pleasant and helpful, can't really fault either.

Overall, I did like staying here and although it was pricey, I doubt you'd get the same for less in central London. If I have an early Eurostar again I'd certainly be happy to stay here.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Truro, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2011

My partner and I stayed at the hotel in May 2011. I was there for work, her to apartment hunt in London. I've lived in London for years and stayed in many hotels there over the last 10 years.

Pros:
- Short walk to Euston, Kings Cross and St. Pancras train stations and many tubes. Close to the London universities.
- Bathroom was a big wet room. Great water pressure.
- The shift manager and doorman handled a booking problem (beyond the hotel's control) very well! Left us with a great feeling.

Cons:
- The bathroom floor was pretty discolored and poor ventilation made the room turn in to a tropical jungle. The bathroom always smelled up the room.
- Beds were pretty poor quality and comfort compared to the styling and price of the hotel.
- Only a basic cold breakfast was included for free. You get upsold on anything hot.
- Small room. But then it's no bigger or smaller than many London hotel rooms in this price range.
- Useless hair dryer.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank petr0
Brno, Czech Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2011

We stayed in the Ambassadors for two nights during a weekend of relaxed exploration of London. Our double room was on the fourth floor - it was small but perfectly adequate for our needs, very clean in white with pleasant touches of colour. The wardrobe space was of course a joke (a couple of hooks on a wall would hold more clothes) but fortunately we didn't really need it. The bed was very comfortable, a bit soft but not too "bouncy". Our window faced a narrow side street and the noise level was surprisingly low considering the location. The bathroom was nice and modern (if a bit small) but it could definitely do with a slightly bigger shelf space and possibly an extra hook on the door. Breakfast was lovely with a great selection of everything one might wish for and we never had to wait for a table. To sum it up - I wouldn't choose this hotel for a romantic getaway but as a comfortable base to explore London it was perfect. We had a great breakfast in the morning to keep us going all day and then were able to get a good night sleep. It's close proximity to Euston tube station was also a great plus.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Walsall, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

We booked this hotel last minute for an unplanned trip to London.
The location is ideal for Euston Station or Eurostar Terminal. Our double room was small but clean, comfortable and well laid out. Staff were friendly and helpful.
We stayed on a special weekend offer which included buffet breakfast. The buffet had plenty of choice for all tastes.
I would definitely stay again at this hotel and feel, with it's Central London location, it represents good value for money.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

I stayed here with my sister for my hen weekend. The room was quite small but very clean and all you need for a 2 day visit in London. We ended up ordering room service and the food was amazing. The only downside was that the hotel is a little bit pricey.

• Stayed June 2010
Crewe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2011

Standard double room was clean and fully equipped as advertised, although not large it was adequate for our 3 night stay. Wet-room type bathroom could have been improved with the addition of some extra shelving as we had to store our toiletries on the bedroom floor next to the bathroom door. While breakfast was reasonable it would have been over-priced had it not been included as part of a special rate. The restaurant meal was nicely prepared but again over priced, staff in restaurant efficient and unobtrusive. Special mention to the very polite and courteous young man who delivered our room-service meal on the Friday night.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mlr0663
Cambridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2011

I had stayed in the Ambassadors Bloomsbury a couple of times so knew what the standard rooms were. I decided to treat myself to a more expensive room only to find I was in the smallest room in the hotel. I was refused a refund or relocation. To top it all I was covered in bites in the morning- BED BUGS!!!

Please do not stay here thinking it is a good hotel- it is disappointing.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank mart1n007
GM-Ambassadors, General Manager at Ambassadors Bloomsbury, responded to this review, August 26, 2011
Dear Martin,

Thank you for leaving us a review on Trip Advisor.

I have just taken the post of General Manager at the Ambassadors Bloomsbury and I have conducted a full investigation on the facts you state.

I can assure you that all property is completely free of bedbugs. All mattresses were changed less than 3 months ago and have incorporated a monitoring system that is checked every time a bed is changed. We had no bedbug activity recorded so far in any of the rooms.

Our Deluxe rooms are the biggest in the hotel. I can only assume that we were completely full on the day and we were unable to upgrade you. We are now planning to upgrade some of our rooms to an EXECUTIVE standard over the next coming months; it will be an exciting addition to our Hotel!

I would like to invite you to come back and stay with us, giving us another opportunity to wow you. I can assure you that we will do our utmost to ensure your stay will go smooth.

Please contact me directly and I will personally make your reservation.

Kind Regards,

Luis Pedro

Travelers are raving about these London hotels