I visited this hotel last in 2007, and hadn't been too impressed - I'd forgotten that I'd been before when I booked again, but it wasn't a problem as I was pleasantly surprised. It is expensive but then, it's London. The location is convenient for Kings Cross St Pancras (Eurostar terminal), which was why I chose it. It's about a ten minute walk down Euston Road (in the direction of the British Library, turn off when you see the church on the other side of the road from the station).
I think it's probably been updated since I last stayed, it's got a nice modern feel. The room I had was a good size for such a central hotel, comfortable bed and not a lot of noise so good sleep. The bathroom looked relatively newly fitted, nice complimentary toiletries, and shower worked well.
Breakfast wasn't included in my room rate and I had an early train so didn't eat here this time.
Room was very clean and the staff were all very pleasant and helpful, can't really fault either.
Overall, I did like staying here and although it was pricey, I doubt you'd get the same for less in central London. If I have an early Eurostar again I'd certainly be happy to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the fashionable Bloomsbury district, this 4-star hotel offers bright, stylish rooms, an Italian restaurant, and a chic bar. King's Cross Station is less than 10 minutes' walk away. Complimentary Wi-Fi and access to hotel gym is offered. Each air-conditioned room at Ambassadors Bloomsbury includes a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, Hypnos mattresses, a safe, a hairdryer and tea/coffee making facilities. Complimentary mineral water and toiletries are also provided. The Number Twelve Restaurant serves gourmet Italian cuisine made from fresh, seasonal produce with views of the London streets. The stylish bar offers a wide selection of cocktails, beers, and wines, along with a snack menu and plasma-screen TV. Both Euston and Russell Square Station are 5 minutes' walk away, while St. Pancras, the terminal for the Eurostar, is a 10-minute walk away. The British Library is 5 minutes away on foot, and The British Museum is 15 minutes' walk. Major attractions such as the British Museum, London Zoo, Madame Tussauds and Camden Market are all less than a mile away. Camden is a great choice for travellers interested in jazz, opera and street musicians. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Ambassadors Bloomsbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassadors Bloomsbury Hotel London
- Ambassadors Hotel London
- Ambassadors Bloomsbury London, England