“Great sushi and sashimi”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ukai

Ukai
Ranked #14,245 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Soho
London, United Kingdom
“Great sushi and sashimi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Ukai has a sleek and stylish feel and would suit couples and groups equally well; there is a cool cocktail bar and a DJ in the evenings. It's not cheap but the sushi and sashimi are excellent - really fresh and beautifully presented.
Full blog review available at http://london-girlabouttown.blogspot.co.uk under October 2012.

• Visited October 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Massively Disappointed by the Reservations System”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

I tried to book a table for 7pm on a Sunday evening the Wednesday beforehand, knowing that the restaurant is not busy on a Sunday I assumed that this would be easy. Despite this I was told by the manager that the first available table was at 9pm. On the Sunday afternoon I called again to try to change the reservation for 7pm and was again told that this was not possible. We then spent 2 hours from 7-9 in Soho killing time waiting for our allotted time and were hugely disappointed to discover that when we arrived there were only two other occupied tables in the restaurant. The waitress then added to our misery by informing us that the restaurant had been empty since 7pm and they had not had any other reservations that evening. By the time our food arrived it was nearly 10pm and we were just too tired to eat it. Why, oh why, they made us go through this I do not understand.

CUSTOMER SERVICE PEOPLE!!!!

• Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Great for happy hour - excellent cocktails”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

This lounge is perfect for happy hour. The choice of cocktails, sake and schochu is fantastic and qualityf is definitely high: perfect blend between alcohol and taste

Staff is very nice - at times not very fast but still very polite

Lounge music on a friday is very pleasant

Definitely one of the best choice for cocktails in soho.

Food- did not try

• Visited August 2012
London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great sushi... service? Service? Anyone”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

I have actually eaten at Ukai twice now. This was after I had an AMAZING delivery service from my local Ukai (Servicing W6 area)... I was so disappointed with the service at Ukai Poland Street... the first time I thought was unfortunate and I loved the sushi and their cocktails so much I thought I would over look it and give it another go...
Second time around the service was worse! Unfortunately it is almost as if they hope that the food will be so good (and it was) that we would not mind the lack of attention, number of mistakes with our orders and general ho hum attitude towards the clientel... it is such a shame because I think the food and cocktails are amazing... service just frustrating!

• Visited November 2011
Milan, Italy
“Sushi above average with unfriendly staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

It was certainly a good restaurant, nice stilish atmosphere, clean. Sushi above average with a good rate price/quality but what reduce my overall rate was the staff. We went there around 2 pm and the restaurant was quite empty but they suggested us a table besides door (??!!) Afterwords we misunderstood a specific kind of food and ask not to change (they already served it) but to order another one and the staff take 3 minutes before realize that we didn't want to challenge the last order..... It was really a pity since sushi was really good. And I also noticed they take a lot of time from order to execution.