“Good after spa treat.”

Ichi Sushi and Sashimi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Ichi Sushi and Sashimi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,079 of 23,707 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Southbank
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went to the spa in the hotel for my friends birthday and treated ourselves to sushi afterwards. The waitresses were friendly and the ambience was nice. There is also a pretty view of big ben if you're sitting by the window. The food was well presented and lovely. The dessert menu didn't really appeal to us BUT we were allowed to choose cakes from the bar and they brought it over in to the restaurant which was really nice of them to go out of their way to do.

Axel K, Manager at Ichi Sushi and Sashimi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Nozomik,

It really seems like you had an amazing time both at the spa and at the restaurant!

Do not hesitate to come back soon to enjoy another treat. We will be enthusiastic to see you again.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I treated my younger sister and two friends to dinner at Ichi sushi last Sunday, and we had a great time! The waitres(jacha) read our table and really made our night an enjoyable one, both being informative and knowledgeable about the food and drink, while also being friendly and non-pretentious with my younger guests. The menu all looked so good that we actually left it up to the waitress to decide what we had, meaning we only needed to make her aware of dietary requirements and flavour preferences. She got it spot on and we loved everything that was brought out. She is very attentive in every single things that we need. After we went to have cocktail for desert in the lounge bar, which is wonderful.

Dear Bekky M,

This fantastic comment will be shared with the whole team at Ichi Sushi so we can all be inspired and continue to deliver excellent service.

Thank you and see you again soon.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

The food was excellent and good value for money. The surroundings were plesant and had views overlooking Big Ben, Portion sizes were good the only this that stopped me giving this 5* was the waitress service which was a tad abrupt. When we ordered she seemed to indicate we were stargange for not ordering more food than we did however we intendd to see portion sizes and order further if we wanted more however it was a good job we did portions were large and we needed no more food. The waitress was multi lingual and so was able to help tourists who did not speak English well to help the order but generally came across as a bit rude. This was a small thing however and I would definately return again to this restaurant as the food was delicious.

Dear WalkertheWanderer,

Thank you for your comment.

I am delighted that you enjoyed both the food and the surroundings at Ichi Sushi.

I am sorry to hear you were not completely satisfied with the service. It was definitely not our intention to make you feel uncomfortable during your dinner.

We hope to welcome you again soon for an improved service.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Not bad, nice friendly staff, but very slow service and nowhere near the best sushi available in London, having said that it was a nice addition to the hotel, just don't expect to be in and out very quickly.

Axel K, Manager at Ichi Sushi and Sashimi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Chis W,

I am deeply sorry if your experience at Ichi Sushi was overshadowed by what you defined a very slow service.

All of our dishes are freshly prepared through a meticulous process which requires care, great passion and also a little bit of patience when it comes to the service.

Having said this, there is definitely not excuse for not having provided the attentive, excellent service that in normally op to our standards.

Please accept my apologies for this.

I do hope to be able to welcome you to the restaurant again in order to rebuild you trust in us.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

This restaurant is inside the Park Plaza Westminster hotel, is little, and has nice views out of the window.
When the sushi arrives at the table, it is really good. Quite fresh. Quite tasty.
However, out of the 8 items we ordered (nigiri, rolls, etc.) the ONLY item that arrived correctly at the table was one order of Miso soup. Every single other item was wrong. I was very clear about wanting a salmon roll and salmon nigiri arrived. When I asked if just an eel and rice roll could be made for my daughter who doesn't like avocado, I was told, of course. Then first eel nigiri arrived, which we ate, and it was good, but we said we specifically asked for the roll. So then a dragon roll arrived. I said, but we just wanted an eel roll, and the server said, yes, there is eel on the inside. Ugh. Well, it was expensive and good, but the service will likely keep us from trying it again.

Axel K, Manager at Ichi Sushi and Sashimi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Godoteraveling,

Thank you for taking the time to write this comment.

I am glad you enjoyed the amazing quality of our freshly made sushi and I do apologize for the issues occurred during the service.

We will continue to install in all of our staff members the passion of delivering a great customer service, being more attentive to every guest’s need and desire.

Thank you again and see you again soon.