“sushi quite good; service quite bad”

Ichi Sushi and Sashimi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Ichi Sushi and Sashimi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,099 of 23,993 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Southbank
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This restaurant is inside the Park Plaza Westminster hotel, is little, and has nice views out of the window.
When the sushi arrives at the table, it is really good. Quite fresh. Quite tasty.
However, out of the 8 items we ordered (nigiri, rolls, etc.) the ONLY item that arrived correctly at the table was one order of Miso soup. Every single other item was wrong. I was very clear about wanting a salmon roll and salmon nigiri arrived. When I asked if just an eel and rice roll could be made for my daughter who doesn't like avocado, I was told, of course. Then first eel nigiri arrived, which we ate, and it was good, but we said we specifically asked for the roll. So then a dragon roll arrived. I said, but we just wanted an eel roll, and the server said, yes, there is eel on the inside. Ugh. Well, it was expensive and good, but the service will likely keep us from trying it again.

Axel K, Manager at Ichi Sushi and Sashimi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Godoteraveling,

Thank you for taking the time to write this comment.

I am glad you enjoyed the amazing quality of our freshly made sushi and I do apologize for the issues occurred during the service.

We will continue to install in all of our staff members the passion of delivering a great customer service, being more attentive to every guest’s need and desire.

Thank you again and see you again soon.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Food is OK. Standard sushi a sushimi. Standard presentation.Nothing earth shattering.Miso soup was as good as I've had though the spoon was very awkwardly shaped.
Everything arrived at the same time even though we'd asked for the meal to be split into 'starters' and 'main course'.
Staff smile a lot but aren't particularly attentive. Wanted to order more food but couldn't get anyone's attention.The drink i ordered didn't arrive.Struggled to get the bill. It wasn't really busy.
In short, OK food but plenty of better alternatives in the London

Dear TKPUNK,

I would like to thank you for your valued feedback.

I apologize on behalf of the restaurant Manager and the whole team at Ichi Sushi & Sashimi for not having met your expectations on this occasion.

I will personally share your comments with them in order to ensure these incidents will not occur again.

I hope to be able to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Did the sushi masterclass last weekend with a friend. Such good value (which I guess why it's booked up so far in advance). Welcome saki cocktail and endmame beans was a good touch. Learnt how to make maki, inside out and hand rolls which we got to eat too. Plus there was extra sashimi on offer. Would have been nice to have had some written instructions in addition to the information on the history of sushi. Think it costs about the same as the Yo Sushi class but I imagine this is a much nicer location, more authentic and a morre sophisticated.

Dear Jay E,

Thank you for this really nice feedback.

We are delighted to read your pleasing comments on our lovely masterclass.

I will pass on to our Chef your suggestion of having written instructions on the history of Sushi as well.

Do not hesitate to come back to visit us soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Very Poor Service, waiters do not care about what they do. Poor ambience for a 4 star hotel. Good Food

Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was our first experience eating in a Japanese restaurant, exellent food combined with rice, rice, vegetables, etc.