“A reliably great meal, fair prices and terrific service”
Review of Il Bianco

Il Bianco
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Bianco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,064 of 22,679 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
New York City, New York
“A reliably great meal, fair prices and terrific service”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I travel to London for business on a regular but not frequent basis. I usually stay in the Canary Wharf area and originally came across this based on convenient location but now I make an effort to visit whenever I have the chance. The menu is quite broad, the food and ingredients are very fresh, the food is well prepared, the service is terrific and the prices are very fair - seriously, what more could you ask for? Today was a very basic meal of minestrone soup (with more of a chicken stock, few tomatoes, but tons of fresh vegetables followed by veal cutlet Milanese simply, but deliciously prepared with fresh vegetables and oven roasted potatoes. Generous portions and very fair price. The house white and the house red were both quite good and the waiter very professional and courteous. I will definitely return!

• Visited February 2014

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“fantastic!”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

we visited on a Thursday evening at 6pm - right when the restaurant opened. the staff were very welcoming and friendly.

we had a glass of the house red wine, which was recommended to us - it was fabulous!

we both had bruschetta to start - it was lovely, with plenty of tomato and a nice salad, and so filling!

I had a pizza which was the best i've ever had - it was HUGE and all the ingredients were top quality, you could tell. My friend had the spaghetti bolognese which looked delicious and she said was fantastic! again, it was a huge portion and delicious!

it was great value for money and would definitely go back if I was in London!

Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Good Service, OK food.”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We went to Il Banco one Thursday evening. It was fairly quiet when we got in but it soon filled up. The waiters were very attentive from the moment we walked in. There was a very authentic Italian feel to the restaurant. The menu is fairly extensive and with the specials as well, it was a difficult decision when it came to order. I had the bresola cured beef and mozzarella. It was a fairly large starter that I could have shared but the ingredients were great and very authentic. My father ordered the seafood salad of which I tasted a mussel and it was very fresh and flavoursome. My boyfriend ordered the garlic prawns which were a slight disappointment due to their size.

For mains, I ordered the spaghetti with a cream sauce with king prawns. This was delicious although I should warn others that they put a fair amount of chilli in it. I do love my chilli so it was not an issue but it is not specified on the menu so it could put off customers which an aversion to spice. The only other issue was that the prawns had their shells on. I am no stranger to de-shelling a prawn but it wasn't particularly easy when they were covered in the cream sauce. Both my dad and boyfriend ordered the special of sea bass with prawns and scallops. They both said the fish and seafood was faultless but were slightly confused as it was served with roast potatoes and brussel sprouts.

We shared a chocolate fondant for dessert. While it was more like a chocolate cake, it was tasty and ended the meal nicely. It wasn't the greatest italian meal I have ever had but it was tasty and we felt looked after throughout the evening.

• Visited January 2014
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Il Bianco”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Loved the proper Italian waiters. Like being in Italy not some corporate fake. Food pretty good. Wine excellent. My group had three different bottles guided by the waiter. All top-drawer and excellent value too. Ambience OK.

Visited January 2014
Attleborough, United Kingdom
“Fast and friendly”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Well worth a visit.We had limited time as were off to the 02. This was no problem, our order came quickly. Staff are friendly and chatty which is nice.
The menu has something for everyone with plenty of fresh fish on menu and specials. Open all day which is very handy as a lot of places round here only open at five

• Visited December 2013