The Bluebell
  • Pool
$230
$185
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$175
$204
$169
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
$136
$115
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Me And my boyfriend stayed the the westport inn this weekend. We chose the hotel because of the location. The hotel is right near chalk farm tube station.the 24 bus goes right next to the hotel and is a 24 hour service. The staff were friendly and welcoming. The rooms were pleasant and quiet. The breakfast was really good. All in all this was a good hotel for the price in a fantastic location. We will be staying again

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Hanzibobs
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Due to budget constraints, we decided to go for an affordable place to stay during our visit to London after read about its' good reviews on TripAdvisor. We stayed here for 7 nights.

During our arrival, we felt a bit uneasy as there was no receptionist counter available and my parents confused if we had booked at the right place. Then we walked into the bar and the waiter was kind enough to offer us lemonade while waiting for Patrick to show us the room.

Yes, access to the rooms are through a side door at the pub and our room was with 3 single beds. The room was spacious and clean. There is no bathroom attached with the room. The shared bathrooms are clean and very near to our room. For breakfast, we need to go to the cafe at the opposite of the building. Pretty disappointed, when no breakfast being served on Sunday.

The location is excellent with easy access to the public transport with 24 hours service. We traveled everyday to Central London by hoping on bus number 24. Furthermore, Westport Inn is only a walking distance to famous markets around Camden Town.

I would suggest Westport Inn to have a proper waiting place for their customers instead of at the bar which is very much uncomfortable during arrival.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DeVass
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Four of us stayed here last month visiting Camden for a gig and visiting friends. Booked it on the strength of good reviews here on Trip Advisor. We arrived an hour early to check in so sat in the bar while rooms were finished. Have to say it was a pretty grim atmosphere to spend half an hour, and the two girls in our group were seriously wanting to leave and find somewhere else. We gave it a chance, and once we had been shown upstairs through the side door off the street we were very happy with the presentation of the rooms, all clean and well maintained. The Inn is very convenient when visiting Camden, is really well priced and we all slept soundly with no complaints. My one suggestion to them would be to maybe look for an alternative reception area for waiting guests as the bar itself makes a very depressing first impression.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank GWizza
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed 3 nights - very comfortable bed and pleasant airy room, nice to come back to after day out - access to the rooms are via a side door at the pub - the bar is great with characters on both sides of the bar - the Guinness is well kept, is poured slowly and correctly (the proper way) and cheaper than London prices - location is good as its a walk or 5 min bus ride to Camden Town and market (bus number 24) - same bus takes you right into Central London.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I choose this hotel due to all the great reviews and their four star rating. Once I arrived at The Wesport Innn, however, I thought that I had made a mistake on my booking and had arrived at the wrong place. I will just make this easier and list the Pros and Cons of this Inn:

Pros
Great Price
Breakfast Included (located at a cafe across the street)
Comfortable Bed
Patrick does a good job of welcoming you into the Inn

Cons
The Inn smells like a dormitory
The toilets were not very clean and also felt like a dormitory (when I arrived there was toilet paper rolled out on the floor)
I felt there was an eeriness to the Inn that made me not want to walk down the hall
Our room had wallpaper coming off the walls and the wooden floors were damaged

In conclusion, I'm still wondering how the Inn had a four star rating and I would not recommend this Inn to anyone who does not settle for anything under a four star rating.

However, if you don't have high expectations and don't mind paying a cheap price for a two star accommodation, then this is the place for you!

I think this Inn has potential to improve and I wish it all the best!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple