“Unnerving”

Ranked #303 of 555 London B&B and Inns
Ventura
“Unnerving”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I choose this hotel due to all the great reviews and their four star rating. Once I arrived at The Wesport Innn, however, I thought that I had made a mistake on my booking and had arrived at the wrong place. I will just make this easier and list the Pros and Cons of this Inn:

Pros
Great Price
Breakfast Included (located at a cafe across the street)
Comfortable Bed
Patrick does a good job of welcoming you into the Inn

Cons
The Inn smells like a dormitory
The toilets were not very clean and also felt like a dormitory (when I arrived there was toilet paper rolled out on the floor)
I felt there was an eeriness to the Inn that made me not want to walk down the hall
Our room had wallpaper coming off the walls and the wooden floors were damaged

In conclusion, I'm still wondering how the Inn had a four star rating and I would not recommend this Inn to anyone who does not settle for anything under a four star rating.

However, if you don't have high expectations and don't mind paying a cheap price for a two star accommodation, then this is the place for you!

I think this Inn has potential to improve and I wish it all the best!

1 Thank jillincali22

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I don't know what I was expecting on the approach to this B&B, but no matter the path you take to get here, once you arrive, you are welcomed by friendly, courteous and professional staff. The lady behind the bar offered me a drink whilst I waited for the owner to arrive to help me check in. I sat in the back garden for five minutes, enjoying the peace and the sun. When Patrick came down to meet me and walk me to my room, he was informative, polite and thorough in his explanation of the amenities. The room itself was comfortable, the linen was fresh and clean and despite the heat of outside, the room stayed cool throughout. After a peaceful nights sleep, having slept in a touch, I was awoken at 10am by a member of staff, who had kindly brought us up a tray filled with continental breakfast because we had missed the serving times downstairs. We were very grateful for their service, going above and beyond for us on numerous occasions, without us making a fuss or even requesting it. A very kind thank you to everybody at
The Westport Inn for their warm and friendly hospitality. We would gladly stay again.

3 Thank cakedandgreen
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Its about ten minutes walk away from Camden and is on two handy bus routes. Very friendly helpful staff. Clean comfortable beds, linen and towels but its an old building so don't expect it to be flash - it looks lived in and it comes at a really good price for the location. Bathrooms are functional and very near the rooms. Breakfast is at a cafe right opposite the pub and at any time of the morning. We couldn't believe it when it was brought up to us on a tray on Sunday - a brilliant idea when you are struggling with a hangover - breakfast in bed! We were delighted with it, I think its a real find and I would definitely go there again.

Room Tip: we were in the front and the traffic wasn't a problem at all.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Alison S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I could not recommend this place highly enough, me and my friend stayed here over night to enjoy a day/night out in Camden. Patrick went out of his way to ensure we had everything we could have wanted. When the staff noticed we didn’t come down for breakfast in the morning so a tray of fruit yoghurts and pastries were brought up to us instead.

Start to finish a genuinely pleasant experience wouldn’t hesitate on going back if going to London for the weekend again.

A few drinks in the pub Sunday afternoon was the perfect way to finish off the weekend.

Thanks again Westport Inn!

2 Thank Tom P
Chester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very enjoyable stay, Would stay here again, 10 minutes from Chalk farm tube station, Lovely breakfast, Staff were very friendly, clean and tidy rooms. Slept very well considering its on a busy road and I am a light sleeper. Recommend anyone to stay here for easy access to Camden etc...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sara D
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was greeted by Damian and Patrick who did thier utmost to ensure a most enjoyable and comfortable stay and that is exactly what they achieved. The whole experience was one of excellence across the board, from the beds through to the care shown to the customer. I will without a doubt return to The Westport and could not recommend it more highly to anyone wishing to combine the closeness of the West End with the chilled-out ease of Kentish Town and the welcome the Westport undoubtedly delivers. Many thanks indeed.

Room Tip: Though about to be altered I believe, the rooms are not as yet en-suite. But this in no way takes aw...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank geoffrey a
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed in this pub for the weekend,first impresions were, what have we booked, patrick was very helpful, room was clean, beds clean and comfortable ,breakfast over the road in cafe was excellent ,bus stop right outside to camdentown [they run 24. 7]takes 8 min .very good price why pay 100 a night,will say value for money..mick, ian, ren .just a note tubes dont run 24/7

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends