Regency Cafe
Ranked #99 of 23,689 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Westminster
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I used to come here all the time when I worked in the area. Fine food it is not, but if you want to fill up cheaply in central London, this is the place for you. It's not open in the late evening, but it's a great pitstop before a night out.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Simple, filling, tasty food for well under 10 pounds, and only ten minutes down the road from the palace! Established in 1946, this place certainly has a loyal following of hungry customers. Be sure to try the homemade bread and butter pudding, which at time of writing was only 2 pounds!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We went to the Regency for breakfast our first morning in London based on reviews. We returned three times. The food is as good an English breakfast (or better) than you would get in any hotel probably paying three times the price. Our breakfasts averaged 5 pounds each, a bargain for London. It is cash only. You order at the counter before you sit down. They call out your order when it is ready which is super fast. If you do have to queue, notice that you are in line with locals. Yes, we will return to the Regency next time we are in the Westminster area of London. It was just four blocks from our hotel.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Full English is fine, if unremarkable. The decor is basic. But the noise is horrendous. The woman constantly bellowing out orders does not make for a relaxing atmosphere. I note also that the Food Hygiene Standards Agency gives the Regency Café a rating of 1/5, its second lowest rating.

2  Thank BenjaminFrost
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This place is fine, but I've had much better, much cheaper breakfasts elsewhere without having to queue for it. I queued 20 minutes to place my order, but the food is served up super quick - almost before you've had chance to find a seat. Breakfast was okay, but nothing amazing, and you got very little for your money compared to other places. Really glad I tried it out as it's such a popular place, but I won't be returning.

1  Thank august01