“Amazing food, average service”
Review of Hakkasan Mayfair

Hakkasan Mayfair
Ranked #482 of 22,552 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Cross street: Berkeley Square
Transit: Green Park / Oxford Circus / Bond Street tube
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing food, average service”
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Really delicious tasting menu.... Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Unfortunately the service left a little to be desired - we were shown to our table late (despite all arriving in plenty of time) and then rushed off at the end of our allocated slot. Appreciate it's a busy place, but no one wants to be squeezed at either end of the "middle sitting".

Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Akron, Ohio
“Excellent service, Delicious food”
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

A party of 6 of us dined here for a dim sum brunch one brisk January Sunday afternoon. This restaurant is located in the basement of a non-descript building without any signs at the entrance. I suppose when you have a one Michelin star, you don't really need to advertise much.

The atmosphere in this place was very romantic, dim and warm. I knew immediately upon absorbing the decor that this was an elegant fine dining establishment. The staff members of this restaurant were very well trained. They were friendly, warm, welcoming and quite knowledgeable about the menu items. They made me feel like a valued patron of their establishment and it was very nice.

The food and drinks we ordered were served in a timely manner and without a doubt, quite delicious. While I recognize the basics of each dim sum dish, every item was "kicked up a notch". These were no traditional dim sum dishes, but more of a nuevo version. Don't come here to expect the Hong Kong cart service dim sum experience. Instead, be ready for a totally new dining experience.

If you've never visited Hakkasan, I do highly recommend trying this place at least once for a Sunday brunch and return for a dinner service if you like it.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Quin L
London, United Kingdom
“Superb cuisine EVERY time!”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

This is a large, very busy, loud stylish restaurant with lots of atmosphere. I have been coming since it opened and the food has never disappointed. Went for dinner for my son's 16th birthday this time as it is his favourite restaurant. Dim Sum to start - soft succulent steamed parcels, generous filling, same for the Shanghai dumplings which are the best I have eaten anywhere, as well as crispy salt & pepper squid, perfect, not at all oily - I would happily eat it all again! Main courses ordered included the piki duck - a must order dish if you like crispy skin. I do think however the wine is overpriced - starting at £28 for a basic white wine, jumping to £38. Service is efficient and good, there are so many staff around but they are personable and check to see you are happy with everything and pay attention to detail. I will be back for a dim sum lunch next time.... already tasting those Shanghai dumplings!

2 Thank Nevines
liverpool
“Amazing”
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely wonderful food staff atmosphere could not fault it at all one of the best we have had in London will definately return.

London, United Kingdom
“Appalling service vs. good food”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Where do I start...There is an attitude issue among staff at this place - I would think they all need to be trained again. And again. I had a business dinner there and it was a bad idea. The waiter never took my order for a drink (he thought I asked for the cocktail menu just to have a look?). We were rushed away from our table at 9pm as we had apparently stayed too long. Throughout the evening there was not a smile, not a polite suggestion, the waiter never even took notice we may want some attention. As for ambience: we were sorrounded by people that try too hard to be cool - plastic surgery, outrageous outfits etc etc. Really?!

The music is too loud and it makes it really difficult to have a conversation, especially if it's business. Finally I guess I should add that the food is good and well cooked, but probably not worth going back for. Probably OK at other hours (never tried) but would avoid for dinner.