“Nice but rude staff!”

Ranked #2,660 of 22,853 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: South American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: London's freshest, juiciest bar-restaurant with fantastically reasonably priced fresh tropical cocktails - including the best Mojitos in London - and freshly-prepared, healthy Latin and Cuban food. Open very late with live Latin music and DJs + great low cost lunches
“Nice but rude staff!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I went there on a Sunday with a friend and it was quite buzzing although I can imagine the atmosphere to be better on a Friday or Saturday. There was a guy playing guitar and singing latin songs which was a nice touch.
We were left waiting by the bar staff who seemed more interested in talking to themselves and shovelling ice. Finally a woman asked what we wanted but there were no pleasantries, we didn't get a hello or thank you. She left another guy to serve the cocktails and he then tried to charge us again and after we told him we'd paid he sulked off to the till to check. He didn't apologies or say anything he just walked off after that. I'd liked to also add that it works out cheaper to buy a jug of cocktail but we weren't told this by that staff.
The cocktails were nice and they sell various beers which was good.
All in all it's a nice bar but the staff need some customer service training and to learn some manners

Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
“Cuban Restaurant with popular happy hour cocktails”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This restaurant bar is just around the corner from Waterloo Station.
Clearly popular with "drinks after work" crowd the happy hours 2 for 1 cocktails were clearly popular, I can recommend the mojitos.
The food was good room we has two house specialties, chicken and beef.
Both meals were tasty and well cooked,
I will definitely be returning.
Staff also friendly and efficient.

London, United Kingdom
“defilingly the best meals you've ever had in a restaurant!!!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is a wonderful restaurant - great atmosphere, with very tasty food at affordable prices; superb drinks. The staff are very friendly, helpful and efficient. It is deservedly popular and well worth visiting. i recommend this place!

London, United Kingdom
“AWFUL customer service for average food in dirty restaurant. Don't go!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I like to write reviews to give honest feedback of places I have been, and generally I am on the generous side. Again with this I am being generous giving it one star, but you can't go lower. I am going to be very polite in this review, but I will find that hard.
We had booked a table for four 2 months in advance and arrived on time. We were shown to our table (which still had dirty water bottles on the floor) and within a minute were asked what we wanted. We had barely had time to open the menu. We were then told we had 5 minutes to decide. We promptly did this picking starters and a main course, the waitress then asked if we wanted it all at once. We said no as the whole point of a starter is that it comes first. The food was brought quickly and was actually quite nice. As we put our last mouthful in our mouth the plates were cleared and our mains were delivered. These looked like a plate of mush, some dry rice, wet means and meet, but was not the worse meal I had ever had, but I would have preferred a breather between starter and main course.
After finishing our maims (which they started to clear before we had actually finished eating). We were asked if we wanted more drinks, to which we said we would have a drink with dessert, so we ordered the drinks and asked to see the dessert menu. The waitress then informed us that we couldn't have dessert as the kitchen was closed to cater for some big parties. On this we cancelled the drinks and asked for the bill.
However, the drinks turned up and the looks we got when we explained that we didn't want, was not what you would expect from good customer service. To make it worse the automatically put on a service charge (the rest of the group were too polite to ask for it to be taken off, so these rude incompetent waitresses got it when it wasn't deserved, much to my protests.)
The thing is, I get they were busy and needed to rush us through, but they should have made us aware either when we first arrived or when we had made the booking that they were closing the kitchen early, but to act like it was our fault is unacceptable.
I really hope that this review helps people to decide not to go, customer service like that does not deserve customers, especially when the food is below average in the first place. Please don't go here, there are plenty of other better, cleaner and more friendly places in the local area.

3 Thank Ilovefoodandhotels
London
“Happy hours”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We really liked this place despite some of the bad reviews here. Chose Cubana to have something to eat and drink before going to the Old Vic to watch a play. The place itself is a bit noisy, but hey, loads of people around. We did not experience any problem with the service, our waitress was very pleasant and helpful. The food was really tasty and the mojitos were exceptional value! Cubana does happy hours every day from 5 until 7 so well worth a visit even just for couple of drinks!

• Visited July 2013