“Super fresh food, authentic italian receipes, great value!”
Review of Bar Centrale

Bar Centrale
Ranked #6,246 of 23,697 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2012

A safe bet when in Camden: very good food, huge portions (a sandwich to share is enough!).
Have been many times, and I'm very picky, but always been pleased: freshest calzone pizza, delicious just-made bruschetta, paninis made with fresh bread and tasty fillings... plus a great choice of Italian drinks.
The staff is very attentive (you never wait to order), the place is very clean, nicely decorated and bright. There's even a roof terrace for summer lunches.
After several trips to Italy, I was pleased to find the same fresh, simple ingredients.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

After visiting the shops and stalls in and around Camden High Street, we had a look for a restaurant for a bite to eat and a drink. We fancied Italian.

After hitting Chalk Farm road we spotted this place.

We had a bottle of house red, garlic bread and pizza. Was all good.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Bar Centrale has quite a small frontage and you could easily walk by it, as we nearly did but, luckily, we didn't! Once inside, it has a very authentic feel and is much bigger than you think with 3 levels and an outside seating area.

The food was oustanding. I had Lasagne which was one of the best I have ever had and it was served with a choice of salad or garlic ciabatta. I opted for the salad which was great with chilli oil drizzled over it. My wife opted for a tomato, mozarella and avocado salad, which again got great reviews. This was served with garlic ciabatta also. They had a great selection pizza's and when they were bought out, they were huge, as were the calzones.

Service was very efficient and friendly.

I am so glad we went there. We will definitely go back again to try the pizza's.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Do not go to this terrible place. The pizzas are acceptable, the ingredients crude, but the REAL reason is this - I was FUMING about this, and worried about how they regard the safety of other people: I was sitting down to eat with my partner and a waitress dropped a huge tray of glasses. Accidents happen - I accept this. However, what happened next was appalling. The manageress, who was 5 feet away at the bar, did not come over to apologise. (the place was not busy.) We were curtly offered, by way of a whisper, five pounds off the bill. I was so insulted I paid the five pounds.

WORST of all, when I pointed out, that not only had the flying glass frgaments gone in our food but also on open food for sale on the counter - it did not occur to them to clear this away and they argued about it. I could not believe it.

Go here, if you want to ingest broken glass (last I checked it can be deadly) and are after a terrible time and mediocre food.

Otherwise - stay away.

4  Thank redgreentiger
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I have been to Bar Centrale many times and every time I am surprised by the quality of food and the excellent service.
Pizzas are of true Italian standard, with fresh and tasty ingredients. I tried the salads too and they were as good as pizzas.
They have home made dessert, in particular I liked the tiramisu.
The atmosphere is cosy, and there is also a terrace where you can sit in summer. It's never very busy which makes it ideal for chatting with your friends.
I had a Christmas party there few days ago and the manager was so kind and let us arrange the room and set up the party as we wanted.

2  Thank laislabonita