“Great location great service”

Gallery Mess Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #3,287 of 23,379 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have been to Mess several times, each time I have visited I have not been disappointed. The only disappointment was the weather out side.

I sat at the bar area, where as usual the service was very polite and attentive. Greg the manager was being hospitable to other guests, but during my observation I could see that all the staff appeared very polite and smart.

On this particular visit I had bar snacks and coffee. Perfect taste for a flat white, food was good too.

The lay out is a contemporary style, on entrance is the inviting white bar, with smaller tables for drinks and bar food. Further in the restrurant is crisp clean white linen tables that look inviting. The whole of one side looking outwards is a long glass window which makes it light and airy, even on a grey day.

In the summer there is sitting outside, actually the seating is there now but way too cold to take advantage of.

I was on my own did not feel uncomfortable and was made welcome, was not hurried along like other places. Would I go again Yes would I recommend it Yes.

If this review helps please give me a tick t help others.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

On a very rainy day and after visiting the gallery, we stopped at the Mess for lunch. It was bright and cheerful and the service was good. We had the smoked fish plate and the superslad. Both were light and delicious. Good selection of wine by the glass. It liked up fast for lunch, but maybe that was the rain. A happy conclusion to the Russian collection on display..

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Had dinner here mid week and had a excellent experience. The food was delicious and the portion sizes were perfect. Pricing was good for such a highly priced area. Staff were very friendly and couldn't have been more helpful. I had a fish dish which was perfectly cooked and full of delicious flavour. The puddings were superb and the cocktails helped wash everything down. Overall a very enjoyable experience in a trendy and sophisticated restaurant just off the King's Road in Sloane Square.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Had lunch here while shopping on kings road on a Saturday great location, service, good space between tables and lovely linen surrounded by lovely pieces of art, what could be better. Had the two courses for £19 walnut salad with blue cheese
Very little cheese, but nice, followed by the haddock with spinach ,fish overlooked on edges undercooked in parts tough to chew, very poor really. Wine list fab but would not go back

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I usually follow other people's recommendations when it comes to choosing restaurant's in areas I am not familiar with and Sloane Square is one of those - I found myself there as I was going to a play in Royal Court Theatre on saturday night and needed a place for a nice dinner beforehand. Gallery Mess is not an obvious choice for the area, with famous Colbert and Botanist right next to the station, but it has received a few nice reviews from food bloggers recently and so I decided to check it out myself and I was not disappointed.
The staff was extremely accommodating - we had limited amount of time before the play which was starting at 7.45pm and were slightly worried that 1,5h will not be enough time to enjoy a nice 3 course meal (they start serving dinner at 6pm). I called to book and it has been suggested that we arrive before 6, enjoy an aperitif (great bartender, my boyfriend is a bit choosy when it comes to cocktails but this guy could make anything we came up with!) while choosing from the dinner menu and at 6 precisely our order will be placed so we can be sure it will be all arriving quickly. Very helpful indeed and that can be said about the service on the night as well - perfectly friendly and polite. The food was absolutely delicious - perfectly cooked steak, mouth-watering bernaise and lovely greens were my favourite part of the meal! Lovely selection of the desserts too, Knickerbocker glory was one of the best I ever had! All in all - a lovely space with great service and brilliant food.