“love it, love it's location too”

Gallery Mess Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #3,119 of 23,993 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Been twice now, first time in summer sitting outside (umbrellas not enough protection from the sun - what about an awning rather?) and now indoors due to it being winter. I don't live in London but when I meet friends for lunch, this is where we all suggest meeting - a great lunch time meeting spot as so very convenient to shop before and after eating. I specifically asked for a rocket and parmesan salad - not on the menu, and was treated to a wonderful pile up of crisp, fresh rocket and parmesan. My two friends had the pumpkin and caramelised ginger soup - oh so delish. I think they out-ordered me, but I am cutting down on cals, so was delighted with my greenery and rustic bread. This will not be my last visit. :)

Reviewed November 18, 2012

It was late afternoon - too late for lunch, and too early for dinner - we were going to a concert at Cadogan Hall. Just remembered Gallery Mess Restaurant/Bar and as usual they came up trumps.
The menu is not huge but it allows for most tastes incl a tapas type selection of 3 dishes. Fishcakes, Chicken pieces and Parma Ham and Melon. A nice taster with a glass of red wine.
A great atmosphere, nice bar and very friendly staff. Can fully recommend if you are searching for a meal in the Sloan Square area.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

On a cold, rainy day in London I popped into the Gallery Mess Cafe, simply because it was the
closest, dry place to sit down. How pleasing then to discover a room that's an enclosed loggia, with a high arched ceiling, and with serene views of the greenery outside.
For lunch I had an exquisite bowl of pea and mint soup, and a plate of grilled vegetables
(I'm a vegetarian). Dessert was a subtle lemon sorbet. Everyone who works in this restaurant is professional, observant & welcoming.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I had lunch with a colleague here on 11 Oct 2012, and was delighted. We both had the Aberdeen Angus burger, with added cheese & bacon, which came with delicious crispy, chunky chips, and a small dollop of coleslaw. It was nicely presented, and absolutely delicious!

Desert was the special, being apple & blackberry crumble with a scoop of ice-cream. again, absolutely delicious. We chose the house red, an excellent Merlot, and good value (for London!) at £19 a bottle.

All in, with service charge it came to £36 per head, not bad for such a posh area, for 2 people, 2 course, and a bottle of wine. Worth every penny, we thoroughly enjoyed it, and will definitely go again.

Also noteworthy were the quirky & interesting staff, who made us feel welcome, and were confident, chatty, and efficient. You get the feeling they enjoy working there, which is the key to good service. Also it was nice to be offered the choice of tap water, instead of having to pay for expensive bottled water, or feel like a cheapskate asking for it! I appreciated that, as we wanted to keep the cost down.

Nice decor too, and would be lovely to sit outside once the weather is warmer. So all in all, highly recommended!

1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Can only echo comments below. Afternoon tea served on the terrace was quite delicious. Beautifully presented, dainy individual portions and the treat of a glass of champagne. £9.50 per head, considerably cheaper than nearby hotels and do eat outside if time and temperature allow! Views of Chelsea Farmers Market and general business of The Kings Road quite delightful.