“Awful policy - don't go here if you're of colour”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Cirque le Soir

Cirque le Soir
Ranked #885 of 1,277 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Cirque le Soir opened in London at the end of 2009 and has been vibrantly glowing with its multi-coloured neon signed entrance in the heart of Mayfair. Guests are paraded with live circus performances from the Cirque le Soir's cast, which ranges from snake charmers and dwarfs, to contortionists and stilt walkers to name but a few. Along with an extravagant team of mixologist, performers and fancy dress all contained in a seductive burlesque atmosphere. Cirque le Soir has indeed offered a new insight into the London, if not International club scene. Now home to London's elite and international clientele, celebrities and superstars from the music and film industry, Cirque le Soir has become an infamous hangout spot for guests such as Usher, Lady Gaga, Lindsay Lohan, David Guetta, Black Eyed Peas, Pixie Lott, Scarlett Johansson Leonardo Di Caprio, Princess Eugene to name but a few. Cirque le Soir has been doing events in the finest clubs around the globe from New York to St-Tropez, through Monaco, Dubai, Paris, Cannes, Milano, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Beirut, Geneva and Moscow to name only a few. IF YOU DONT KNOW DONT WORRY
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Awful policy - don't go here if you're of colour”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

I've previously enjoyed nights at Cirque and been to many prestigious clubs in London however I took a break from clubbing for a little while and when I returned after a few months to Cirque on the 4th October I was unimpressed with the new door staff. The door woman is a stuck up, foul woman who shows no compassion. Myself and my two friends waited in the queue for roughly an hour only to be rejected by this disgraceful individual. Despite being on a promoter's guest list and only 15 people max having got in, she claimed that there was a "limited" guestlist and therefore only two of us can enter. The underlying implication was that one of us was not good enough for Cirque. I understand that Cirque has an image to preserve and want to attract the right clientele but none of us are ugly so it was simply a ridiculous judgment. There were 4 girls in the queue behind us who got let in, no questions asked. One of which I knew and who, as a favour, asked the doorwoman to let myself and my friends in. Her response was that we were not "Cirque enough" which sounds absurd considering we were all well dressed. She then specified exactly which one of us could come in - coincidentally my white friend and not either me or my friend who is mixed raced. This was downright racist and absolutely appalling behaviour on the part of a club which is in the most diverse city in the world. The door woman looked at us as if were scum which I found even more degrading considering she could have at the very least shown some respect or been polite. She then proceeded to tell us to stop standing near the queue although I was trying to speak to the promoter to understand what was going on. None of us were drunk and nor do we look like rowdy girls who don't belong in this scene considering we all went to private schools. I am certain it was solely based on race as when I asked my friend who was let in what it was like inside she noticed that everyone was European and that there was no one of colour. It's an absolute shambles. I do not recommend going here unless you want to greet someone at the door who discriminates based upon race, in other words Hitler.

Visited October 2013
26 Thank Amjd96

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Rudest staff I have ever come across”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

I had been to Cirque in the past and had a good time, however, when I arrived last weekend I noticed the door staff had changed. I was made to queue in the cold for an hour only to be greeted by a pretentious horribly disrespectful woman who pointedly looked my friends and I up and down before informing us that there was a limited guestlist and that we could not come in. She then proceeded to say that only one of us could come in (even though all 3 of us were on the guestlist) and, humiliated, told to leave the queue. Apparently we weren't allowed to even be in the presence of this 'luxury' club as the rude bouncers kept telling us to move further and further down the street. A girl we knew was standing behind us in the queue and had gained entry, so politely asked the door woman why we had been refused entry to which the reply was that it was 'not about numbers or guestlist, but 2 of us did not meet a certain standard'. We were all very well dressed and looking good so this made no sense. When i went back up to the door woman she then said only one of us could now come in. it seemed like some sort of weird power game until she specified the friend that could come in which was our only friend who was not of colour. I have never been more disgusted or badly treated on a night out. Do not go here or at least keep a plan B.

12 Thank Sofiac1
Barcelona, Spain
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“the show night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

We went with friends and I would say - well done cirque du soir, well done! All this show, clowns and other freaks are impressive . But music could be better thats for sure. Anyway for the show I would love to return. Crowd is goodlooking, we knew that you have to be dressy to get in, so we also prepared. Its definitely better to go there with friends and book the table( more comfortable as for me), but anyway if you not ready to spend money - its also nice just to go for a drink and the show I guess. We saved some money to put our names in lux glist, you may do the same http://www.luxguestlist.com/en/clubs/cirque-le-soir/guest_lists.

2 Thank Darina L
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“door service is a joke”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I had been put on the guest list by a family member who is very friendly with a girl who is high up in the club scene in London. We had been out for a couple of drinks in Soho and walked up excitedly and eager to get in as we had never been on a night out in London before as we are Scottish. There was no queue at the club entrance. There was roughly 6 girls at the door with clipboards, one girl asked our names and took about 10 minutes to come back and inform us ,rudely, that we were not getting in tonight without providing a reason for this. (The other girls stood about for the duration taking pictures of themselves - really professional...)
The bouncer then proceeded to escort us our the queue - we were 3 young girls aged 21 - seriously??

I have never met such rude and unprofessional people before. I would suggest not going to this club as they are more concerned about themselves than their potential customers.

19 Thank Kelseykennedy
London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Quirky Club, full of fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was skimming across venues to go for my visit at London. I was mystified by the description of this club. Curiosity strikes me, so I booked a table for me and my friends here at CIrque Du Soir (now known as Cirque Le Soir) we have to take note that our outfits must be something Fancy, so we decided to go with a dark theme costume, me coming in the Joker attire. We had no problems with going in since we booked with the London Night Guide team, so that's a good start.

Once inside, the amazing performances we saw kept us from sitting in the table. IT WAS SO GREAT! Even the staff plays their own costumes, like the ringmaster, or the firebreathers. This is definitely an experience I'm proud to say that I was able to partake in, so I definitely recommend this club.

Cheers to Cirque Le Soir for the amazing night out!

2 Thank Junno G