“Delicious”
Review of La Cocotte - CLOSED

La Cocotte
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are the latest French restaurant in London Hampstead. If you want good French food and friendly & attentive service, come and try us. We open for dinner from 6:30pm (Tuesday to Saturday); and lunch from 12pm (Friday to Sunday). A bientôt!
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We ended up in this restaurant after a long walk in Hampstead and up Parliament Hill - very hungry. Service was polite and considerate. They recommended that we take the specials for the day - leek and potato cream soup and rabbit in Dijon mustard sauce. Both were really delicious. The wine which was recommended to us went well with the dish - a young Cabernet franc. The tart tatin with pears was good too.
The restaurant is very cozy - the first floor is more casual, while the second floor where we were moved for coffee because the party who had a reservation for our table were coming soon is fancier.
Overall - I recommend the place for a casual quiet lunch or dinner and would love to go there again.

1  Thank Pantaleia
There are newer reviews for La Cocotte

Reviewed November 13, 2011

A simply delightful experience. We ended up here after a disappointing attempt to eat elsewhere. We received a warm welcome, followed by excellent service throughout. The restaurant itself is intimate and relaxed, and the menu has some delicious French classics on offer. We opted for the pork belly Sunday roast special, which was served in a sweet jus, and was cooked to perfection. We also sampled the pear tart, which was sublime - it had the most delicious pastry base. I would happily recommend this little gem at Hampstead's South End Green, and will be returning very soon.

1  Thank campcrusader
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We had a relaxed dinner here in July. The service was great. So friendly! Food was good too. But the very friendly service and relaxed atmosphere made it great.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

I've been to La Cocotte a couple of times recently, as I live locally, and will definitely be back again soon. This cute little restaurant in the South End Green area of Hampstead cooks up truly authentic French dishes such as coq-au-vin, beef daube and, of course, steak frites. Downstairs is small and rustic while upstairs is more refined! I've sat in both areas and prefer downstairs for the more authentic French feel.

On both occasions we were also presented with a complimentary amuse bouche to start (mushroom soup on both occasions - served in an espresso cup). The staff are very friendly and usually tempt you back again with a discount voucher for the next visit. I noticed they also do lunch time special deals Fri-Sun which looked to be a bargain.

The food itself is pretty faultless - although I would recommend going for one of their one-pot dishes (always served in a Le Crueset pot) which are packed full of flavour. On my second visit, I went for the steak (entrecote frites) and did regret it. The steak was cooked as I requested but just didn't taste that great. I was also expecting skinny chips - although their home-made fat chips were delicious! The selection of wine is good although I've always gone for the house red as you can have it by the glass, caraffe or bottle - and it's very drinkable!

1  Thank mandyray