Book In Advance
Tours from Alternative London tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Alternative London
from $21.00
from $41.11
from $52.60
from $82.90
3,443 results
All reviews street art brick lane great tour walking tour alternative tour east london guide josh art tour london tour local history two hours his knowledge different perspective hour tour couple of hours artists shoreditch
Reviewed 5 days ago

My eleven year old grandson and I both enjoyed this tour. It showed us artefacts we would never have noticed in places such as on top of poles in the street or such bizarre objects as coloured broccoli attached to a wall. There were also spectacular wall paintings and the excitement of seeing a Banksy. I am familiar with the area but it was one more experience that shows that London never ceases to intrigue and surprise.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

A few years ago I already joined a street art tour from Alternative London and enjoyed it so much, that I wanted to do it again, now with my family.
It was great fun, also really interesting and this thanks to our guide Emily! Highly recommended!

Reviewed 1 week ago

Great tour that I would highly recommend. Emily was a fantastic guide, super friendly, super knowledgeable with great interpersonal skills. The tour itself was extremely interesting and we were provided with a range of knowledge on different types of street art and artists. The tour went from Brushfield Street, through Fournier Street, Wilkes Street, a stop at the Trueman Brewery Square through back streets to final destination of Bansky's 'Guard Dog' in the Cargo Bar in Rivington Street. The only tiny thing that bothered me was that I was dropped off at a different place to the pick up and got a bit lost finding my way back to original point at Brushfield. Might be wise to advise in advance of not only meeting point but also drop off point so people can plan their onward route accordingly.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We loved the 2-hour walking tour and the added on 30-minute hands-on graffiti workshop. Our guide Josh was passionate, incredibly knowledgeable, engaging, highly opinionated and articulate, and helped challenge my teen and tween to think differently about art. I've already recommended the tour to no fewer than 10 other families. While we learned tons about graffiti art (its history, culture, aesthetics), what surprised me most was learning so much about the history of London's East End. Really fantastic tour that opens your eyes to graffiti in London - and beyond.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We really loved this tour, its a great opportunity to see a different part of the city and not just stick to the standard touristic sights. And lets not forget Emily, she is brilliant!

Reviewed October 9, 2018

Our guide had great knowledge of detail on Street art and was full of interesting facts. She shaped the tour to a certain extent to our wishes as well.

Reviewed October 9, 2018

It was pouring rain and cold and I still had an amazing time. Not only do you learn about the history of street art but also the history of east London. Its off the beaten path. I would highly recommend!

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

Went for a walking tour and street art course. We had a great informative guide and got to see and learn about a lot of great street art. Especially our son liked the following course.

Reviewed October 5, 2018

Very interesting couple of hours learning about the different genres of street art and great to have a knowledgeable guide (Josh) explaining the history of the area and pointing out various details that most people would miss on their own. Definitely recommended

Reviewed October 4, 2018

Despite the inclement weather, I'm so glad I went along to this workshop.
Emily, (the guide), was extremely friendly & knowledgeable on the history of the area and the graffiti origins.
Back at the studio after lunch, our chance to create a stencil for spray painting.
Once again, Emily was very accommodating with her time and patience as we finally got our hands on the spraycans.
If you're totally into street art, I would totally recommend this workshop. I learnt so much and met a great bunch of people.
Thank you.