“Very eye opening”

Alternative London
Ranked #1 of 175 Food & Drink in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Discover the London you won't find in the guide books with London's original off-the-beaten-track tour provider! Come with us to explore the culture, community and street art of London's vibrant East End. We offer unique and original walking tours, bike tours and food & drink tours and as London's original street art tour provider we also offer street art workshops led by our team of street artists. Tour prices start at pay-what-you-want so there's something for everyone at a price to suit all budgets. Let our expert guides show you the real London, from a local's perspective!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very eye opening”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We went on this tour yesterday with Doug. We thoroughly enjoyed the tour; Doug is a great enthusiastic speaker, the art and stories behind the pieces are very interesting and the weather was great too making the walking tour a fantastic Saturday afternoon out. We would recommend this to anyone, both tourists and Londoners. We live just down the road and it was brilliant to learn so much about our local area.

1 Thank Thebowbells

• Hebrew first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“This is the London you HAVE to see”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I cannot recommend this tour highly enough! I'm a Londoner, who regularly hangs out in Shoreditch and yet I found this tour enlightening. Ben Slow who was the guide on my tour was absolutely superb - his enthusiasm and passion for street art and the area of Shoreditch was infectious. He was informative and had in-depth knowledge about the stories behind each artist and work featured and highlighted the evolving nature of street art (as well as the slightly political tug between grafitti artists and street artists). The tour was very humorous but also thought-provoking and I came away discovering even more talented artists who's work I'm keen to seek out. I urge anyone who has an interest in the REAL London and street art to go on this tour - you won't regret it I promise :)

For an idea of the tour - see my pictures here : http://www.flickr.com/photos/46715537@N04/sets/72157640397113434/

Cardiff, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Doug was ACE”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Thank you so much for a brilliant tour, we had Doug who made my mum's birthday so special. GO ON THIS TOUR AND SUPPORT THE CAUSE!!!

1 Thank Kat C
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We went to this last week and really loved it! Ben Slow was a great tour guide and gave us a brief history of East London which was really interesting. The street art we saw was really cool and I feel I got a better insight into London compared to seeing the usual London Eye, Buckingham Palace etc. I've been recommending it to all my friends!

Visited January 2014
Mississauga, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The must see tour of London”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

This was the best tour I have ever been on! If you are lucky you will get Doug as your guide because he is very knowledgeable and entertaining. Not only will you learn about street art but also the history of the area. Well worth going on even on a cold, rainy day in January!

Visited January 2014

Been to Alternative London? Share your experiences!