“Best tourist activity in East London by far!”
Review of Alternative London

East London Food Tour
Ranked #1 of 200 Food & Drink in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Discover the London you won't find in the guide books with London's original off-the-beaten-track tour provider! Come with us to explore the culture, community and street art of London's vibrant East End. We offer unique and original walking tours, bike tours and food & drink tours and as London's original street art tour provider we also offer street art workshops led by our team of street artists. Tour prices start at pay-what-you-want so there's something for everyone at a price to suit all budgets. Let our expert guides show you the real London, from a local's perspective!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Really excellent experience, knowledgeable and enthusiastic tour guides who point out all the cool interesting things you'd never spot alone. Really good mix of cultural and art history. Highly recommended!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,695)

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Everything about Alternative Walking Tours is excellent - the website, the booking arrangements, organising meeting up with the guide and - of course - the tour itself. Our guide, Doug, was superb. He had so much to share and his enthusiasm certainly spilled over to the group. We learned how to look around and actually see what's there - it was amazing. Thank you.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

What an amazing tour! Very inspirational and has got me thinking about trying to organise similar tours in my home town as well! I highly recommend it to everyone and definitely need to try out the workshops next time I'm in London!

1  Thank Isabella H
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is the second time I've done the Alternative London tour. We took my brother and his girlfriend for his birthday. Everything about this tour is perfect - perfect pace, very insightful yet unpretentious commentary from Doug our tour leader. His passion for street art and the East End is infectious. Perfect blend of history and street art. Whether you are an artist yourself, or know nothing on the subject - this is a fun and "alternative" walking tour, unlike any other. In future, you will see the East End through a different light. PERFECT for the tourist who think he/she has seen it all. They don't charge a fixed fee, so that their tours are accessible and open to everyone (like street art), and they encourage you to pay what you think it's worth. If however you enjoy it, and you have the means, please dig deep, these guys should be supported!!

1  Thank UkChristineK
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My daughter and I did this tour with Josh back in July and we are still enthusing about it. A very informative 2 hours were spent with a guide who has a passion for street art and history. I've no hesitation in recommending this to anyone who can walk at a sensible pace for 2 hours.

1  Thank Helen H