“Fantastic!!!”

Alternative London
Ranked #1 of 175 Food & Drink in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Discover the London you won't find in the guide books with London's original off-the-beaten-track tour provider! Come with us to explore the culture, community and street art of London's vibrant East End. We offer unique and original walking tours, bike tours and food & drink tours and as London's original street art tour provider we also offer street art workshops led by our team of street artists. Tour prices start at pay-what-you-want so there's something for everyone at a price to suit all budgets. Let our expert guides show you the real London, from a local's perspective!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
London
“Fantastic!!!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Don't miss this tour when in London! Keir was knowledgeable, informative, engaging and full of passion. His insight to the pieces, the artists and this historical background of the area was superb! Truly do not miss this tour!!! I love how many other works I now notice along my daily walks. I have such an appreciation for the talents and gifts these artists leave for us all to enjoy and ponder :)

Visited May 2013

• Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent, informative, fun, relaxed but valuable”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Kia showed two of us around this Saturday just gone. I live in London, and went to have some fun, see some sights and show my friend around. Kia kept us entertained and interested for over two hours, showing us intricate niche sights, architecture, some migration history, as well as some larger and more famous exhibits. It was time well spent, hosted by a passionate and well informed Australian.

I would go again, on the same tour, with the same guide - I'm that sure I'd see more things and be interested all over again. So, absolutely I'd recommend you going!

Bath, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“WOW!!!! Not to be missed”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is my 10th or 11th trip to London and I always do two or more walking tours. My mum (aged 80) and I agree that this is by far the best we've ever been on. Doug was very informative
and did a phenomenal job describing the whole culture surrounding these creative forces. I will never forget standing on the street corner and seeing the vibrant, colorful, diverse East Side contrasted with the glass and steel Big Money of London. I hope this community continues to thrive and prosper for a long time.

2 Thank Kate P
London, United Kingdom
“Great Tour”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I've been living in east london for about 4 months but our guide Keir gave me a completely new perspective on the area. Great tour, passionate and interesting guide, overall a great experience

London, England, United Kingdom
“Great tour”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

If you like street art, or just art in general, you'll like this tour. Very knowledgable guide who knew a lot about the area and the people. You see a lot of art in quite a small area (so not too much walking!).

Visited April 2013

Been to Alternative London? Share your experiences!