“Get Ready to Blow Your Mind”
Review of Alternative London

Alternative London
Ranked #1 of 177 Food & Drink in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Discover the London you won't find in the guide books with London's original off-the-beaten-track tour provider! Come with us to explore the culture, community and street art of London's vibrant East End. We offer unique and original walking tours, bike tours and food & drink tours and as London's original street art tour provider we also offer street art workshops led by our team of street artists. Tour prices start at pay-what-you-want so there's something for everyone at a price to suit all budgets. Let our expert guides show you the real London, from a local's perspective!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
San Antonio, Texas
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Get Ready to Blow Your Mind”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I did the evening tour and it was an awesome experience. You really get to appreciate the work that these artist's create when you take this tour. Ben was our tour guide and he was just flawless. Not only would he give us information about the artist's but also the location and it's history. Plan on doing a lot of walking since there's so much to see. Don't hesitate to book this tour, you'll love every moment of it. I do recommend to book well in advance.

Visited May 2012

• Hebrew first
Hong Kong, China
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A Different View to London”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is my second time in London and first time joining a local tour. I had joined the walking tour on a cold and rainy saturday, but still had a wonderful time. I would definitely recommend joining this tour coupled with other sightseeing (tours) that you might consider joining. The tour guide was energtic and knowledgable. Given a good introduction of the history of east london, along with numerous pieces of street art as we walked along.

“Excellent”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

As someone who has lived in London all my life, and who likes to think I know the town pretty well, this was a highly revealing and informative tour given in an engaging and humerous way. Doug, our tour guide was very good at reacting to an audience that would not have been typical for him and the unanimous opinion of everyone on the tour was that he did a great job. I will definitely be back with the family and would hugely recommend this tour and Doug in particular to natives and visitors to London alike.

“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I decided to book this tour based on the great reviews on this site and I'm so pleased that it exceeded expectations. Even though it was a horrible cold and rainy day, we thoroughly enjoyed the tour. Ben, our guide, was so passionate and knowledgable about the area, the art and artists, it has made me want to go and discover more about street art. It wasn't just about the street art either, it's a great overview of the history of the east end and I definitely came away with a few new facts about London! I'll definitely go back and do this tour again.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just excellent”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

It was totally worth the try... amazing tour guide. The passion he was transmitting all his knowledge was stuning. I´ve been in BL thousand times but never seen it through this perspective. Time just flew away... and wasn´t precisely the best day ever.

Visited March 2013

Been to Alternative London? Share your experiences!