“Just what we were looking for”
Review of Bengal Village

Bengal Village
Reserve with OpenTable
Bengal Village is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,699 of 23,226 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Spitalfields
Description: If you are looking for the best Indian restaurants in London E1 6QL for good dining experience or the best curry place in East London for affordable price, Bengal Village is your spot. Taking great carefulness and cooking with finest ingredients, among the Indian restaurants in the neighborhood, it is one that anyone may count on. Bengal Village makes it simple with ordering takeaway food online. You definitely will enjoy the fabulous foods this fine establishment has to provide. As a matter of fact, they have brought an online ordering feature to their website that allows clients to place order Indian food online more conveniently. Bengal Village has great experience in creditworthy Indian cuisine, for its target is usually has been, to give all the clients a mouthwatering treat. This is the place near Brick Lane, Shoreditch High Street Station, Liverpool Street Station, Aldgate East Station, Old Street Station, Whitechapel, East London E1.
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Having visited Brick Lane on a number of occasions in the past, I was very much looking forward to sharing the experience with my girlfriend for the first time as part of a birthday visit to London.

As it has been a while since my last visit, I looked online to find a suitable venue and was drawn to the attractive web site for Bengal Village. As a fan of the hotter curry, their range of dishes looked particularly appealing.

Taking advantage of the discounted offer for booking online, we made our way with much anticipation to Brick Lane whereupon we ran the gauntlet of friendly if not a little persistent offers to provide us with the finest food at the best price!

Pushing on through we arrived at our destination, we were ushered inside and seated promptly, however at this point our state of mind could best be described as confused... the restaurant in which we were sat did not seem to reconcile with the image from the website, certainly much more understated. This feeling was compounded on viewing the menu, which again did not seem to match the online version.

After a quick check to confirm that we were in fact at the correct place, we continued to order our food. Any previous misgivings were soon swept away as the food was quite simply excellent, everything was extremely well cooked and presented, the quality of the food was more than matched by the attentive service, very friendly and relaxed.

We were looked after completely from sitting down until the moment we left, and would definitely look to come back to the Bengal Village again.

1  Thank WestCountrySy
There are newer reviews for Bengal Village

Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is only only restaurant in Brick Lane that local people visit, no touristy menus and price hikes just good honest food.

Highly recommended from a local resident, an Indian restaurant that serves authentic food from the region.

I'm a regular at Bengal Village it's a stones throw away from the City of London and I have been brought up on curry, this is the only place apart from home which actually competes with the real deal. Eat were locals eat, perfect for city lunches.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

One of our English friend took us in this restaurant. My wife and I who are found of Indian food were pleasantly surprised. First, the staff is very friendly. Second, none of the meals are overpriced. And third and maybe the most important, the food was excellent. I think that I have never got such a nice chicken passanda that was very tasty and too spicy. My wife's meal was excellent as well.
Next time we are in London, we will go back in this restaurant. Bengal village is an adress that you should always keep in mind.

1  Thank Laurent N
Reviewed December 19, 2013

9 of us ate here last night and we had a great meal. We booked well in advance so no haggling was necessary. Service was great too and we would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who cannot make their minds up about which place to eat in Brick Lane.We were given complimentary drinks after the meal too which was a nice touch.

1  Thank peterm43
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My partner and I returned to the Bengal Village as we have eaten there on several occasions.

We was warmly greeted by members of staff who remembered my partner. Food was excellent, good portions and hot. Staff attended to us very well and made us welcome.

Find it hard to believe some of the other depramental reviews posted on Tripadvisor!!!

1  Thank glynishamilton