“No reservations about this Indian,”
Review of Bengal Village

Bengal Village
Reserve with OpenTable
Bengal Village is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,576 of 22,552 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Spitalfields
Description: If you are looking for the best Indian restaurants in London E1 6QL for good dining experience or the best curry place in East London for affordable price, Bengal Village is your spot. Taking great carefulness and cooking with finest ingredients, among the Indian restaurants in the neighborhood, it is one that anyone may count on. Bengal Village makes it simple with ordering takeaway food online. You definitely will enjoy the fabulous foods this fine establishment has to provide. As a matter of fact, they have brought an online ordering feature to their website that allows clients to place order Indian food online more conveniently. Bengal Village has great experience in creditworthy Indian cuisine, for its target is usually has been, to give all the clients a mouthwatering treat. This is the place near Brick Lane, Shoreditch High Street Station, Liverpool Street Station, Aldgate East Station, Old Street Station, Whitechapel, East London E1.
Hatfield Peverel
“No reservations about this Indian,”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

9 of us ate here last night and we had a great meal. We booked well in advance so no haggling was necessary. Service was great too and we would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who cannot make their minds up about which place to eat in Brick Lane.We were given complimentary drinks after the meal too which was a nice touch.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank peterm43

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Meal”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My partner and I returned to the Bengal Village as we have eaten there on several occasions.

We was warmly greeted by members of staff who remembered my partner. Food was excellent, good portions and hot. Staff attended to us very well and made us welcome.

Find it hard to believe some of the other depramental reviews posted on Tripadvisor!!!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank glynishamilton
Bath, United Kingdom
“Gauged by the hard sell.”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Bricklane will always be a bit of an in your face take on a curry. Bengal village is in my opinion the sharp pointy end of this.

I went there because it was recommended by a friend and it was an awful mistake. The food was mediocre but the way we were treated not as customers but walking wallets was what ruined the night. We were steadily worked as they sought to gouge us at every opportunity.

Had the food, atmosphere or service been anything but utterly unremarkable I would have maybe not taken such offense to the way they pushed at every chance to make as much out of us as possible.

• Visited November 2013
Austin, Texas
“enjoyable”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

For those of you who like a curry and dont know this, Brick Lane is the place to go when in the Capital.
The choice of curry houses is overwhelming and some places have people on the street trying to lure customers in.
This was one of them although I managed to choose it and walk in without being snared in this manner.
I liked the look of it, it seemed bright, had clients and wasnt too busy when I was in the area around 7pm.
Service was good, the menu selection varied and i enjoyed the experience despite being solo on the night.
I was perhaps too safe with my eating choices and should have been more adventurous! My main was chicken korma which was way too coconutty even for me!
But that was my only gripe apart from maybe the beer, Bangla Premium Beer, which i wasnt too impressed with, but that wasnt the restaurants fault!
I would certainly recommend this place if you are nearby.

• Visited October 2013
London & Buenos Aires
“Excellent food, good service, great value”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This restaurant may not appear to offer the best deal on Brick Lane, but if you are prepared to swap an extra "free" beer for excellent food you are in for a treat.

The service was great, not too pushy, and with some great recommendations from the menu. The manager really could not have done more to look after us and make us welcome. And the food...well..some great dishes, original recipes and good quality ingredients. Well worth a visit!

• Visited September 2013