“The best steak in London. By far !!!”
Review of Casa Malevo

Casa Malevo
Ranked #1,227 of 23,381 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Argentinean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The meet is not less than outstanding. Those Argentina's knows him to do steaks. The surprise was rat the side dishes bad the wine were also. Excellent.. don't miss it. A must for meet eaters.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

What a shame our night was ruined by abrupt service which even ended with the rude waitress blaming us for her error in charging. The steaks were good but nothing to make up for the amateur nature of this place which is getting more popular but clearly not coping.

Try somewhere else until they figure out how to service clients.

One of the only times we refused to give a tip because the waitress was so very rude.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have been here for a work dinner and everything was good: from the steak to the wine selection to the service.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I came upon this restaurant by chance when I was in London on business and looking for somewhere to eat alone - it fulfilled my criteria of a pleasant atmosphere with good - but not obtrusive - music, lighting that would let me read but wasn't too harsh, and an enticing menu. From a solo diner's perspective, the wide choice of half bottles of wine at a reasonable price was a bonus. The restaurant seemed equally suitable for a romantic evening or a meal with friends.

I ate the sweetbreads 'Mollejas al verdeo' - superb. My burger was tasty and my dessert a fitting end to the meal. I'll definitely return..

1  Thank Family152
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We were the first to arrive at 7.00 p.m. By the time we had finished our meal, the restaurant was full with all tables taken and with people having drinks on the pavement tables outside waiting for a table inside to become free - not bad for a midweek night! The well thought out varied lighting and the buzzy atmosphere added to the enjoyment of the occasion. Clearly this restaurant is popular.

The service was professional, attentive and personable even when the restaurant was busy. We were given advice about menu choices as well as advice about the wines in an unpretentious way and not recommending the most expensive wines!

Of course all the dishes are Argentinian specialities. For starters we had Beef Empanada and Beef Carpaccio. The bread was attractively presented in a wooden box. For main courses we chose Fillet steaks (£25.95 each) one medium to well done and the other medium rare. The steaks were of excellent quality and cooked exactly as ordered. One had the dessert special Passion Fruit Sorbet which tasted excellent. Overall a very enjoyable meal.

The total bill for two people which included an excellent bottle of wine (£29.95 - wines available from £20.95 per bottle) and12.5% service came to £125.

1  Thank mw741002