“No temptation at Tentazioni”
Review of Tentazioni

Tentazioni
Ranked #5,526 of 22,827 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Attracting thousands of people to its quirky backstreets and pretty gardens, Notting Hill is the perfect place to spend a weekend, day off or a relaxed time. Notting Hill is a great place to spend some free time and try the enjoyable hospitality of innovative, modern Italian cooking. Tentazioni Restaurant conveniently accessible from Notting Hill Gate Underground stations, it is a perfect atmosphere for business lunches and intimate meals. Behind the restaurant's bold decor is a peaceful ambience, easing you into a smart, yet relaxed dinner. With a tantalising selection of dishes on the menu, Tentazioni's creative cuisine thrives, with flavours so rich you could only find them in the most authentic Italian meals. Passionate and inventive, Chef Patron Riccardo Giacomini's gastronomic talents have earned him great recognition in London, as well as throughout Italy, using only the finest Italian ingredients and helped by the head chef Salvatore Polizzotto and the restaurant manager Antonio Spanò Tentazioni invites you to enjoy a genuine Italian menu, complemented by a broad wine list and efficient service.
London, United Kingdom
“No temptation at Tentazioni”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We wanted to go out somewhere nice for a birthday dinner. A friend said she had heard about a fantastic restaurant near Bermondsey Street. She thought it was Tentazioni in Mill Street, it wasn’t. The website enticed us with really interesting set meals. When we arrived the set meals were off and the a la carte menu was just about one of the most boring I have seen for many a year in London. The pasta was OK, it should have been it is an Italian eatery after all. One was left ordering steak and chips, not very good and very unexciting. The Dover sole a friend had looked as dry as dust. To cap it all the soufflé for sweet was like rubber. This was sent back. The price would be taken off the bill we were told. We had to point out that it is usual to offer a liqueur as recompense. This was granted grudgingly. To the waiter’s credit he bought an i-pad to the table where he proved to himself as much as anyone else that, yes, indeed the website was erroneous and said that he would get the set meals removed. I would give this place a wide berth. From other reviews it looks as if something has changed and not for the better.

• Visited October 2013

london
“dissapointment on a plate”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This place is not focussing on the food ! it is very poor. I had rubbery ravioli and ok ish pork fillet. My sons gnocchi were dry with a sharp tomato sauce that tasted tinned. The service is impeccable and the waiters very nice but this is a smokescreen for really 2nd rate food. I was so glad my Italian friends werent with me as I would have been embarrassed. Very good sorbet at the end .

Ireland
“A shambles”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife and I visited here recently and were left very disappointed.

We had a table booked for 8:30 on Friday, as we arrived we were met by a panicked waiter doubting that we had a booking. He checked and found our reservation and seated us, we waited 10 minutes and then received menus. We had a wowcher for a 7 course tasting menu and decided to opt for the wine paring. The menu looks fantastic with lovely ingredients but sadly the cooking did not match. After we ordered we waited until 9:30 for our first course to arrive, a full hour after sitting down! It was a soup and the wine paring did not materialise until after my wife eventually caught the waiters attention and my soup was gone. Not a great start, the wine for the second course followed almost immediately, however, the second course did not arrive until 10:00. At this point we were worried about making the last tube home! The course was goats cheese ravioli in yellow pepper sauce. The ravioli was overcooked but the sauce was quite nice. Following this course we only had to wait 20 minutes for the next course which was hake wrapped in parma ham, thankfully the wine was served with this course. The fish tasted like is was cooked from frozen and it was wrapped in too much ham making it way too salty. The next course was a limoncello sorbet which was quite nice, when it eventually arrived. At this stage of the evening both table either side of us left, one after only one course from the a la carte menu and another had to leave a couple of courses early after 3 hours to go babysitting. The meat course was next up and it was a pork fillet stuffed with prune, the pork was pink on the inside and was left behind, even though it was only a mouthful. It was served with almost raw mushrooms. The desert courses were nothing to write about and the accompanying vin santo was unpalatable. We hurried out after an agonising 3 hours.

I understand this might be a one off but given the reviews on tripadvisor I was expecting a whole lot more. The deal cost 49 for the food and we spent that again on wine, water and a service charge. For 100 pounds I would expect a good food, well cooked and served properly.

I would think twice before availing of one of these offers.

Chelmsford
“So good to be back at this Restaurant.”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We have been coming to this Restaurant for over 7 years. In my opinion, the lunchtime menu, is without doubt the best value in London, the food is excellent, the staff very friendly and helpful. This Restaurant is only ten minutes walk from Tower Bridge, and 2 minutes from the water front.
I highly recommend this lunch time menu, and you will not be sorry, and will soon recommend this to others.

Visited September 2013
London
“Hidden Gem - Amazing Lunch Deal!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Came across Tentazioni on KGB deals. The food was fresh and very tasty! Free unlimited still or sparkling water was a pleasant touch, along with the free glass of wine/ beer with the deal. I would only suggest that the website advertises the lunch deal more clearly as it is so fantastic yet if you don't click on the lunch menu specifically, it is easy to miss and assume the food is very expensive.

The Decor created a warming and relaxed atmosphere, along with the polite waiters.

Would definitely recommend - only a short walk along the front of the river from Tower Bridge!

1 Thank Alice785