“Country style restaurant in South Kensington!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bumpkin South Kensington

Bumpkin South Kensington
Reserve with OpenTable
Bumpkin South Kensington is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,568 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, British, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: South Kensington
Description: Bumpkin restaurant is a new thing, a country-in-the-city organic eatery that���s opened its doors on the Old Brompton Road in London���s South Kensington. Bustling with an art-collecting, sports-jacket-wearing local crowd, Bumpkin is a warm and cosy restaurant that has been decorated with farmhouse-chic furniture and eclectically upholstered chairs to relax in while you watch the chefs create their magic in the open-plan kitchen. The classic British cuisine revolves around the availability of fresh market ingredients, so the menu at Bumpkin changes frequently with sumptuous daily special as well. Apart from olive oil, all the ingredients on Bumpkin���s menu are one hundred percent British. Signature dishes include a variety of organic pies, gourmet salads and grilled fish accompanied by an excellent selection of wines, ciders and real British ales. We love this local gem, and it's an ideal spot for post-shopping salads, Sunday roasts and Bloody Mary���s, and organic on-the-run snacks.
London, United Kingdom
“Country style restaurant in South Kensington!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

How pleasantly surprised was I?! Once inside, you're not in central London anymore! Great open kitchen, awesome menu, food was excellent (we had the pies - yes on a Saturday night!), good wine list.

For an hour, felt like I was on the country side. Excellent!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Mr_Muna

leeds
“Well worth a visit.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

We got here very early but the staff didn't seem a all put out and got us seated in the bar while we waited for the rest of our party to show up.
Good food from an open kitchen, quite a nice atmosphere and attentive and cheerful service. Lots of fish options.
Not cheap by my standards (£150 for a party of four) but about right I guess for the area.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank imacbeth
Bratislava, Slovakia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Visiting London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were together with my young son and my boyfriend exploring London as our city of interest and when we`ve entered to this restaurant I was pleasantly surprised by clean, nicely furnished space. Must mentioned kindness of waiters,quick service and very good food. The meal was well done, brought on table right on time after finishing appetizer. I took a salmon steak and glass of wine which was well advised by the waiter. My son was delighted with a beef pie. My boyfriend and I we really appreciated the good atmosphere in the restaurant even though it got crowded in 20 minutes we were sitting in and staff needed to hurry up. If I will ever come back to London, for sure would like to visit this nice place. Thumbs up!! :))

1 Thank Mag_Lena
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I just can't get enough of this place. Keeping coming back whenever I can and they never let me down. Bubbly atmosphere, great food and lovely service.Worth a visit!

The Hague, The Netherlands
“Good for many occasions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

This place great because it is extremely versatile and I have gone here for many different occasions. During the day it is very much like a pub - casual and comfortable, but in the evenings the atmosphere turns it into a restaurant that can host more special occasions. The food is comforting but good quality. Many of the dishes are traditional British foods you would find in a pub, but here they are improved to a higher standard both quality- and presentation-wise. Whether it is for brunch, lunch or dinner I would be happy to return.

• Visited December 2012