“Private party at Bumpkin”
Review of Bumpkin Notting Hill - CLOSED

Bumpkin Notting Hill
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Notting Hill
Description: Does the Big Smoke make you yearn for the simple pleasures of the country? Step forward Bumpkin; a brasserie restaurant featuring ���proper��� food, cherry-picked from Britian���s loveliest country pubs and served to city slickers and Notting Hillbillies alike. Open daily, the restaurant suits snacks, brunches, lunches or intimate dinners just right, with everything from gourmet salads, Aberdeen Angus beef burgers, sustainable fish and special Bumpkin pies on offer. Ingredients come fresh from the local market daily, and form a seasonal menu in the main restaurant area of ever changing specials. There���s also a private dining room for meetings and the like, as well as a decadent attic area for more frivolous gatherings. Bumpkin has teamed up with RSPCA Freedom foods, Marine Stewardship Council and the Sustainable Restaurant Association, to ensure that everything they serve is the very best of British.
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is officially my new place to dine, I hired this venue for a 30th birthday celebration, it was amazing, we all ordered from the roast menu which included a starter main and dessert, the events organiser Amanda told us we did not need to order canapés because we would be stuffed can I just say thank goodness we didn't, the portion sizes are amazing, well worth the price, I had pork belly, it was the best I have tasted to be fair. The events organiser Amanda was so helpful in the days leading up to the event and also during the event popping in to see if she could help with anything before she finished her shift, I call that great service as she was so dedicated towards myself and the party guests, also are waiter for the night was Helga he was very helpful and gave a service with a smile what more can one ask for, would I recommend Bumpkin Notting Hill??? Of course I would it was fantastic.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have been to this restaurant on a couple of occasions and both times I was impressed by the quality of food and presentation. Always fresh, always tasty, nice wines. Would recommend to everyone!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Is it a pub? Is it a restaurant? Who the hell cares, Bumpkin is my new go-to for Notting Hill eats. The prices are decent and the homely wooden interior with contrasting prints and colours gives the place a farmhouse feel.

I had delicious grilled mackeral dish, with potatoes and beetroot. The fish was neither too crispy nor overly fishy – it was deliciously fresh and well seasoned. I had sticky toffee pudding for dessert and instantly died (and went to heaven).

There are disabled toilets on the ground floor at Bumpkin and seating is well spaced for access. Their menu is somewhat busy and the font not very large, however the staff are very much on hand for any assistance that is needed. Bumpkin is situated approximately 10-15 minutes walk from Westbourne Park station.

Great choice.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

The atmosphere was good, drinks were fine but the food was average. I found the fish and chips to be a bit tasteless and a bit too oily. Chips were really good though. I would go back for a drink and would "maybe" try something else as other options looked nice too before writing their food option off.

Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Great friendly service but mediocre cooking. For the price; just not good enough. Pork belly was poorly cooked - chunky fat not melting and under cooked, certainly not slow cooked as it should be.
Won't be returning.