“Cannot wait to return to the Knightsbridge Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Knightsbridge Hotel

Knightsbridge Hotel
Ranked #299 of 1,089 Hotels in London
“Cannot wait to return to the Knightsbridge Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I cannot think of a hotel that I have liked a hotel room more -- in that I felt spoiled AND I wanted to copy the decor exactly in my own home. I brought my mother and aunt here for a birthday/Mother's Day treat and, boy, were we treated by the Knightsbridge Hotel. Perfect location for access to everything. Super courteous and helpful staff. And our room -- beautiful! Fair enough, there is no restaurant, but we didn't care AT ALL. Room service is available and THE HONESTY BAR is one of the most charming concepts I've seen in a hotel in a long time. I have found my London home. No need to look elsewhere (except maybe I owe it to myself to try ALL the Firmdale hotels).

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Stavanger, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed at the Knightsbridge hotel during a weekend before Christmas (2011). It is a small hotel with great decor. The staff is very helpful and attentive. There is no breakfast area so we were served breakfast either in our room or in the library, which also has an honesty bar. The breakfast was great. Our room had a high standard, clean, nicely decorated, very masculine, but quite small. The thing i like about the Firmdale hotels is that they manage to create a personal touch and ambience in all their hotels, I immediately get a good feeling when I arrive.
I really like the neighbourhood, but I prefer a more "central" location when visiting London. However, I would not hesitate in recommending the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sivi4020
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed at the Knightsbridge hotel with my 6 year old daughter for 4 nights . This is a quiet boutique hotel just a short walk away from Harrods, shops and the underground. Room was nicely furnished , good size , very clean and comfortable . The hotel has no restaurant but room service 24 hour and breakfast was served on time at my requested hours everyday. Staff is very friendly and professional . Since we spent all day out and came in only to sleep we didn't mind the fact there was no restaurant or big lobby where to sit.
I will definitely go back next time I go to London .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Linaaj
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Second time staying at the Knightsbridge Hotel on a business trip to London. Again it was a fantastic place to stay.

Rooms: Decor is lovely and has a nice mini bar as well as heated towel bar!
Room Service: Breakfast is wonderful and I recommend having it in the Library.
Staff: Very helpful on dinner suggestions as well as other information.
Neighborhood: Close to Harrods, Harvey Nichols and other shops. For a quick bite Pret and Eat are only a block away as well as two small grocery stores.

Wonderful stay and i highly recommend the hotel!

Room Tip: Room #105 has two sinks in the bathroom and a tub.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed at Knightsbridge Hotel for 6 nights and 7 days. It is absolutely beautiful. The service is wonderful. The decor is inspiring and creative. The food is absolutely wonderful and the location is ideal. My only (minor) complaint is the bathtub. It is a deep, narrow tub with handles in the wrong places - so it was almost impossible to get out of the tub each night. Also, my adorable room (207) was only slightly larger than the inside of a London cab. So if you ever wanted to stretch out on the floor it was impossible. The other tiny issue was the lack of spa or fitness facilities. I tried to book some of the services they had listed in the room and the concierge basically told me nothing was available to that hotel ... so that seemed a wee bit off. Still, the place is so lovely and the people there are so nice that I didn't really mind the tub or the lack of fitness facilities too much because this place caters to it's guests.
I felt very looked-after and pampered. I'm a rather shy person when I'm traveling alone, and this Hotel seems to understand people like me (single women). I had little gifts in my room each night and whenever I wandered downstairs to the common area I was immediately given a cozy nook and offered tea. I would recommend this hotel to any woman who needs a bit of pampering. You'll feel wonderful when you leave.

Room Tip: The rooms are extremely small - so you might want to up-grade if you are a couple.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SusanTWood
east yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband, my four and a half year old and I stayed at The Knightsbridge for the first time last night and it was a five star experience. We have previously stayed at one of the sister hotels - The
Charlotte Street Hotel which we absolutely loved - so were hoping this smaller hotel lived up to expectations. We needn't have worried. The staff are warm, friendly and incredibly helpful. The decor is fantastic in the public areas as well as the rooms. We had a junior suite (201) which was beautifully decorated and immaculately clean. We loved every touch from the bathrobe for our little boy to the pencils. The beds were gorgeous and the linen to die for. I would love to know where Kit Kemp sources her linen. We didn't once feel awkward with child in tow, we felt extremely welcome at all times and just before we left this afternoon, our little boy was helped, in a helicopter building exercise, by one of the hotel's staff, while my hubby and I sipped tea. How kind. Forgot to mention, hotel is brilliantly located & room service was faultless. We will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We were a little bit warm during the night and my brain was working overtime so I didn't have th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank travelingtorville
oslo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was our fourth stay at The Knightsbridge and the hotel keep getting better. They constantly refurbishes and changes the rooms so that everything looks new - I am especially impressed by the bathrooms which are immaculate and now with a good size television (great for the children).

It is however the service that make us return. Both the concierge and other staff are great. There is no restaurant, but you can have breakfast in the Library or sitting room. They even had it reserved for us each morning, so no waiting :) Breakfast was improved from earlier stays and the service at breakfast was outstanding and personal.

This is a very accomplished hotel and, if you get a good rate, much better value than other luxury hotels in London.

Room Tip: Junior suites ending with 01 are very good with nice views over Beaufort gardens.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family