There was a dried-up stain on the door to the room. We hope is was sputum.
The lock on the door was worn out. Somewhat later I had to call assistance (very friendly) as my key was stuck in the lock and I could not get it out anymore. After a lot of shaking and pushing on the key it came out and the door could be unlocked during the second attempt.
The room was on the backside of the hotel. The windows had not been cleaned for years and the sun shone on the window thus visibility was zero.
In the morning the room was very hot and I do not think that there was an airco or forced ventilation. Anyway at that point we had already decided to leave so I did not check for that.
Toilet seat was loose. The toilet did not flush effectively, requiring filling of a waste-paper bucket from the shower as an alternative.
Breakfast could not be added to the hotel bill but had to be settled on the spot. Friendly staff. Credit card accepted...
Reception staff polite, friendly, helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Commercial Hotel on the north side of Regent's Park in residential Hampstead, 15 minutes from the West End & main line stations. In vicinity of Camden town- London Zoo and Lords cricket ground. Emirates stadium is less than 4 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Britannia Hampstead Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Hampstead London
- Hotel Britannia Hampstead
- Britannia Hampstead Hotel London, England