Regent's Park Hotel
Trip.com
  • Pool
$185
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$175
Rosewood London(London)
$456
$409
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
$136
$115
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Calgary, AB. Canada
Reviewed April 16, 2006

Location excellent. Room seemed a bit shabby on first look but proved to have everything two of us needed, comfortable beds, hot water, relatively quiet outlook (depends on which room, we used 3 over our 2 stays,) hair dryer, free safe, TV etc. Some rooms were pretty tight but still comfortable. Breakfast excellent, staff very helpful and courteous and friendly.
Underground transport to Heath Row easy from Marylebone.Price a bargain for London and we would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: February 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 22, 2005

I just got back from a 2 1/2 week stay at the Regent's Park Hotel. I was traveling by myself and I was given a double room. It was a pretty decent size room, with a big shower. I was given a room on the first floor in the back so I wasn't bothered by any traffic noise, but the floors on top were kind of squeeky so sometimes I was woken up by the noise. Breakfast was served in the restaurant next door and consisted of 3 kinds of cereals, meats, cheese, hard boiled eggs, fruit salad, tomato and lettuce salad, yougurt, croissants, and rolls, coffee and tea. Great way to start out a long day of site seeing. The restaurant next door (Malasian) was excellent if you are to tired to go out to eat. The Baker Street tube is a 5 minute walk from the hotel, as well as Tesco, a supermarket with great ready made sandwiches, pasta, and salads. I would definitly stay here again. The staff was great and helpful (the manager helped me lug my 2 suitcases upstairs).

• Stayed: November 2005
2  Thank Travelgal32
Reviewed October 28, 2005

Neighbourhood: This hotel is located in a pleasant area, close to two Underground stations (Baker Street and Marylebonne. Glouscester Place is a one way street that gets very busy from about 7a.m. until late in the evening.

Our Room: Not bad. We (two people) were placed in a room for three. It was clean and comfortable. And, apart from the room needing a fresh coat of paint, we were happy for the extra space and good the good sized bathroom. The shower was a little tight. If you dropped the soap one would have to "plies" gracefully (like Anna Pavlova) to pick it up. The room was cleaned daily.

Breakfast: Served in the adjacent Singaporean restaurant's main dining room on the basement level. We were very impressed with the massive atrium. The breakfast fare consisted of: cereals, yoghourt, fruit, croissants, cheese, juice, coffeee, etc...

Staff: They were always very friendly and helpful. I had difficulty starting the heater, so I called for help and the concierege came immediately.

Not a bad place to stay. I would seriously consider staying here again on future trips to LONDON.

Stayed: October 2005
6  Thank dgflyer
Reviewed October 10, 2005

Had a problem with the key upon checking in and didn't appreciate the condescending owner telling us that we "don't listen". His contact with the public is limited thank god and we only saw him again once (grey hair in pony-tail). Regent's Park Hotel appears to be run by a Turkish-Brit family. I have no real complaints about the place, it was bare bones yet wasn't lacking in any necessities. The first picture on the expedia website of the hotel is inaccurate, there is no green overhang. The buffet breakfast is in a quiet adjacent restaurant and included yogurt, croissants, sliced ham, slice cheese, sliced turkey, orange juice, tea or coffee, rolls, 3 kinds of cereals and was great. There is also a McDonalds and Starbucks down Baker Street if you miss the breakfast. Its in a good location since its only 5 minutes to the Baker Street Tube stop but i'd try another location next time. Good cheap food is not readily available in all parts of London and Gloucester Place is one of those areas. Good food at affordable prices required a hike down to Oxford Street or over the Edgeware Road. We ate once near the Paddington Crown Quality Inn and agreed that hotel was in a better location.

• Stayed: October 2005
5  Thank Erieswan
Reviewed August 4, 2005

We stayed here at the tail end of a business trip for some personal travel days. After staying in one of the best hotels in the city, I was expecting the contrast to be difficult but keeping in mind the excellent price (67 GBP) I never regretted the decision.

The room key is a long rectangular plastic card, about 1.5 the length and twice the thickness of a credit card. It unlocks the door mechanically and also must stay inserted in the room fusebox to activate electricity.

Avoid the upper rooms if the weather is warm as they're warmer than the lower ones. My room had a standing fan but it made a lot of noise; there was a bit of a heat wave at the time so I resorted to sleeping under a wet towel, which worked pretty well.

The bathroom had seen better days but was nonetheless functional. Soap and linen provided. No clock or alarm is available (not counting the TV), and the wake-up call service is unreliable; hence, a traveller's clock would be a good idea/purchase. Say hello to the parrot in the lobby, but keep your distance if you're standing nearby as the droppings splatter.

Madame Tussaud's is within easy walking distance, as is an excellent pub, a camera store, and a cheap (1GBP per half hour) internet cafe, all south/southeast within 2-3 blocks. Several convenience stores within a block or two. If you are looking for good restaurants/pubs head South/Southeast about 6-7 blocks and just wander from there.

Tube (Baker Street) is about 4-5 walk away. If you're not familiar with London, major attractions (West End, Leicester Square, etc.) are reachable within 15-20 minutes but you will have to transfer subway lines probably once.

If you are a business traveller or don't mind the extra expense, avoid the hotel's taxi service as it was slow and took away from the time we'd allotted to check in early at the airport. Rather, hail a street cab (faster) or take the tube to Heathrow (cheaper).

The bed was clean, the bathroom was clean and functional; both were cleaned daily. That's pretty much all I was looking for. If you are prepared for a few rough edges, you should be able to enjoy your stay here.

• Stayed: May 2005