We stayed at this apartment hotel twice during our recent trip to London. We first stayed for 2 days in August before we flew out to Europe for a few days and then for 5 days upon our return to London.
During our first stay, we were in a basic studio apartment which was rather cramped because we had a rather large kitchen which was appreciated but perhaps an open plan design would have given us more space. We had a small table which served as a desk and dining table and two fold up chairs which we found in the wardrobe. The apartment was clean and apart from the need for more space, we had a comfortable stay.
As we were returning for a longer stay, we decided to change our booking to an executive studio. We checked on the Internet and found a promotional rate for the larger apartment but when we tried to get the reception to make the change, they could not access the promotional rate, so we ended up cancelling our original booking online and making a fresh booking ourselves. The apartment was substantially larger and more comfortable and the sofa in the room meant that we did not have to sit on the bed when we wanted to relax. So go for the larger room as the difference in the rate is not huge.
We found the staff to be friendly and helpful but service at the reception desk was rather slow, especially during peak hours when guests were checking out and new guests were trying to check in. They need to put on more staff during these times.
The location is great - very convenient for the Gloucester Road Tube Station which has the Picadilly, Circle and District lines and the bus to and from High,Street Kensington stops just outside the hotel. Lots of restaurants and food shops just outside the door and if you want to cook, a Waitrose supermarket is situated right next to the Gloucester Road station, and Sainsburys is just a little further along Cromwell Road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartment hotel; some with full kitchens; multilingual staff; restaurant & bar; situated near Kensington Gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Citadines South Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Prestige South Kensington Hotel London
- Citadines Hotel London
- Citadines South Kensington London, England