Had difficulty finding the apartments. Even local postman could not help us. Think this could have been because we walked down the road from Hyde Park but it would be helpful if information stated that entrance is, in fact, located in Elvaston Place. No sign on main Gloucester Road.
Good reception area with quick check in.
2 of us stayed one night in a studio apartment. I think if we were staying longer it would not be big enough. The main room with desk where you have to eat is smaller than many budget hotels. Has only one easy chair. One chair at desk but we didn't discover the folding chair in the wardrobe until we were leaving so it would be possible for 2 people to eat a meal at the desk. Only one bedside table. But small moveable table under the desk.
The rooms have wooden/tiled floors which is good for keeping clean but I would imagine it could be very noisy if people above you (unless floors well insulated). We did not hear any noise above but presumed that was because there was nobody staying there.
Room was quiet as overlooking side street but, if overlooking Gloucester Rd I imagine it would be noisy as there is no double glazing.
The TV didn't work and we only discovered this when we returned late in the evening but when we reported it the next morning the staff said we could have called them any time as there is maintenance available 24 hours.
The spare electrical points in the kitchenette are under the shelf holding the microwave. We didnot find these until just before we left when we bent down to pick something off the floor!!
Extending washing line over bath.
Good location. !5 minute stroll to Royal Albert Hall where we went for a concert.
Many restaurants. Waitrose by underground open until 10pm. Garfunkels by Waitrose open at 7am for breakfast. 24 hour general store in Gloucester Road going towards Hyde Park.
All in all a good place to stay for this part of London.
Beds were so so comfortable. The best I have ever slept in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartment hotel; some with full kitchens; multilingual staff; restaurant & bar; situated near Kensington Gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Citadines South Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Prestige South Kensington Hotel London
- Citadines Hotel London
- Citadines South Kensington London, England