“Lots of room”

Citadines Barbican London
Ranked #394 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stayed 3 nights recentlyin a one bedroom. Citadines has so much space in the rooms, compared to usual Euro city hotels. It is nice not having to walk sideways in your room.
The staff and management were very , very friendly and helpful. Clean, spacious, well-managed. It is amazing how close Barbican is to the Millennium Bridge---Clerkenwell always seemed remote to me, but Just keep walking down Goswell to St. Paul's and the Thames.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

As a solo female traveller I prefer to stay in apartments when on business and the Citadines doesn't disappoint. Yes it's a sofa bed in the studio room but its huge when opened out and VERY comfy! Big desk to work at with good lighting. Kitchen has all you need, microwave/grill, hob, fridge etc. Good power shower and importantly for me: quiet. I love this place and will be staying here again, ticks all the boxes.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank MineheadMaiden
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed 1 night, selected for the location and I was pleasantly surprised. Staff were nice and efficient, room/studio was clean, very quiet (that was my worry), practical, wifi worked well. I wondered about the sofa bed but it turned out to be very comfortable. The bathroom was fine, not the latest design but functional and clean, nothing to complain about. I haven't had time to try the breakfast, the kitchen, or any other facility. It's a great value for London, nothing fancy or design but very practical. I would come back and recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Visiting London with adult son, having a 2 bed room was ideal. I was a bit concerned by the reviews, but everything was spotless. A very short walk from the tube past Tesco's and a welcoming reception. We only used the kitchen for breakfast and snacks, but there were enough utensils for simple meals. The rooms were warm, the heating could be controlled and the windows opened. The dining table/coffee table combination was very good, they both slid under the desk when the bed settee was used. The double bedroom was very big by London standards. There were wardrobes and storage shelves in both rooms, plus storage in the hall in 2 cupboards. In the kitchen there was a huge cupboard which would be useful if staying for any length of time. Even the bathroom had more than enough shelves and racks for drying bits of washing if needed. The beds were both huge and very comfortable, the hotel was quiet and no problem with sleeping. The area around the hotel seemed safe and there were coffee shops and restaurants within a few minutes walk.

Room Tip: Our room was either at the back or the side (didn't have time to work this out) and was very qui...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have stayed here twice and on both occasion with a group. I have found this place covenant to the tube and good bus service. Also there is a Tesco express by the tube station and a waitrose a short walk away. On this last time I had arrived a few days ahead of the rest of the group and I had a small issue which was resolved later that day. Apart from that I found being able to cook my own meals handy. on this last time we were able to get a wifi code that we could use for the duration of our stay which was great to have and the staff very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I booked the studio room here for a couple of nights over new year, it was reasonably priced & hadn't inflated prices over the new year period, like everywhere else seemed to have done.
We traveled by train then got the tube and were pleasantly surprised to find that the hotel was just a few minutes walk from Barbican tube station, from there it was a very short tube ride to get into central London and all the tourist attractions.
The hotel entrance was welcoming and clean, staff were very friendly on our arrival and check-in was very quick.
In the studio there was a sofa bed which took us a bit by surprise, but is good if you are staying longer and the room needs to double as a living space. As it was a sofa bed, it was not as sturdy as a proper bed but was comfortable enough and both myself and my partner had a decent night's sleep. The room was very clean and was equipped with a kitchen area that had everything you could need (kettle, microwave, fridge, cup, plates, cutlery, sink, even a tiny dishwasher!) for a short stay and coffee, tea & sugar were all provided. There was also a small Tesco a couple of minutes away for anything else. Breakfast wasn't included in the price so I can't comment on this, but I know its provided and the restaurant area looked very clean.
The bathroom was spotless and an ironing board, iron and hairdryer were all provided in the room. The only thing I would say was that there were sheets and blankets on the bed, but I would rather have a duvet but I suppose this is down to personal preference.
I would stay here again if the price was right, but for anything longer than a couple of nights I don't think I would want to sleep on a sofa bed.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed here new years eve with family. Was immaculately clean and staff were friendly. One room only had a sofa bed so check that you get a proper double. The rooms have a kitchen area with kettle, cooker, fridge and even a mini dishwasher so ideal if you are staying a few days & want to cook. Was the best price for New Year I could find and much nicer than I expected. Would stay again as long as the price was good.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have nice balconies with good views over London
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family